WIP P2 Halcyon Kit (2ND KIT)

cultcollectables

I taught to myself what the hell i might as well do a WIP its my 2nd model ever and im taking my time with it
its the P2 Halcyon kit i got from ebay, i am nervous with it but if i mess it up i mess it up and try again.

im using a few websites and pics for reference bryan(predator666thepain66) gave me david fishers take on the P2 so i wont get anywhere
near that but hay ill give it ago im even worrying already about the head pattern but hey ill get there another day

so far i have cleaned it up primed the kit in gray automotive primer put the first lair of dreds on (43 individual :p ) nightmare stuff lol
and i have giving the skin its first coat of liguitex unbleached titanium with a touch of raw sienna (im not arguing with david fisher).

ive done the base already to warm me up also primed black then dry brushed burnt sienna and then raw sienna and hightlighted the edges
with tamiya copper and then used promodellers black wash to kill the brightness (another tip from another website and im not arguing with him either it just looked good)

anyway here are my progress pics if i mess up anywhere and i dont put anymore pics up thats because i have thrown him out the window
for my dog to chew on lol

p.s

im sure ill be hagging a few on the lair for advice as i have been since ive joined
and please feel free to correct me along the way and give me your thoughts :)

DSC04664.JPG

DSC04665.JPG

DSC04666.JPG

DSC04667.JPG

DSC04668.JPG

DSC04669.JPG

DSC04673.JPG

DSC04677.JPG

DSC04678.JPG

DSC04680.JPG

DSC04681.JPG

DSC04682.JPG

DSC04683.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
What a pain in the butt that kit was. I never finished mine, here's hoping you get around to finishing yours! Good luck!

SMALL UPDATE.

well its just a small update but i have done the body pattern with red earth and done the head pattern (first time ever to try this )
and to be honest i have to idea what why this is going to turn out like . to me at the moment he looks to bright i basecoated white then
liquitex unbleached titanium with a bit of raw sienna . then the red earth pattern, lee gave me a color mixture to put on over the red earth
a mixture thats almost red/purple so ill try that also. im sure it will be ok when the armour is done and when i do the netting (dreading that) :)

anyway please if anyone has any suggestings i will take them all on board to help me improve it :)

thanks
DSC04688.JPG

DSC04689.JPG

DSC04692.JPG

DSC04693.JPG

DSC04694.JPG

DSC04697.JPG

DSC04698.JPG

Stick with it mate, it's well worth it in the end, I've just finished mine, but mine was made by Tsukuda, the instructions were in japanese, so I had to make informed guesses about the dread placement.

Here you go mate, these are a couple of pics I used when I wrote a build up for a modelling magazine I'm a member of, let me know what you think - I've just realised how small the pics are, they were reduced for the magazine, I can take new ones tomorrow in natural light if needed

pred_final.jpg

well done troggs looks really great :) im trying to paint mine from so many different references im getting confused :lol:
from david fishers- pred then to john allred's pred paint up but ill get there in the end and just do it my own way haha
anyway yea more pic of your would be great thanks a mill!

Here you go mate, these are a couple of pics I used when I wrote a build up for a modelling magazine I'm a member of, let me know what you think - I've just realised how small the pics are, they were reduced for the magazine, I can take new ones tomorrow in natural light if needed

Nice build up.
It is a challenging kit to build.
I have the same kit and over the years it has fallen apart.
I am looking at rebuilding it, do you still have the placement diagram for the dreads?.
If so any chance of a scan.
Cheers
Tusky

do servant take a few pics and post them here we can all help each other out haha,
tusky my scanner is not working right now only for that id email them straight onto you.

Hi, thanks for the comments, once you've finished it, lock it away in a display cabinet - I don't think the dreads will take much to come off. I've put in some fresh pics, I had to compress them so hopefully they will come out ok
Cheers
DSCF2897.JPG

DSCF2890.JPG

DSCF2894.JPG

DSCF2893.JPG

i will probaly take on the netting and see how it turns out like if it starts getting too messy ill probaly chicken out also

just finished putting the dreads on thank god for that but i have to say it is well worth it in the end :)

small update!

finished gluing and painting the dreds and done the beads in copper,gold, bolt metal,
then i painted up the eyes with grey,yellow and red. pictures are not great but i mixed up
a burnt umber oil wash and dirted up them teeth
DSC04702.JPG

DSC04703.JPG

DSC04704.JPG

DSC04705.JPG

DSC04706.JPG

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back