WIP Nathan Drake (Uncharted game series) costume

d_jedi1

Sr Member
Some of you are probably already aware that I'm a pretty big fan of the Uncharted series of video games. I don't get into costuming as much these days but this is one that I feel I can pull off fairly well.
I start with the shirts (this costume is mostly based on the Uncharted 2 look).
P1070368.jpg

P1070369.jpg

I bought those a while back at Wal-Mart. The ring with them is just an old silver ring I had.. it doesn't have the inscriptions and will probably be replaced by the one on Shapeways.
My Jeans are "Mossimo" brand from Target
P1070366.jpg

P1070365.jpg

When my brother died, I inherited an angle head "torch" and a dummy grenade.
P1120406.jpg

I actually need to replace the flashlight but I painted the 'nade with a green rustoleum paint (the kind that takes a few days to dry lol)
P1120403.jpg

My holster is from Ken's Leatherworks. The Beretta is an airsoft springer that I got from Amazon and the magazines are the ones made FOR that model of airsoft pistol.
P1120405.jpg

The belt is an old leather one I had around.. nothing special.
nothing special there. BUT I made the buckle.. it's not perfect and doesn't really WORK as a buckle but it looks fairly decent.
P1120394.jpg

P1120395.jpg

P1120396.jpg

It's actually made from different layers of plexiglass of different thickness.
Here is how it currently looks together. (I know.. my hair looks like crap. We were walking home from the library earlier and got caught in a storm)
P1120397.jpg

P1120398.jpg

P1120400.jpg

Oh crap! I forgot the hip pouch and the watch... I made the hip pouch. It's what I use to carry some essentials at work. With the watch, I swapped it onto a leather cuff that I also had. simple swap but I forgot to take a picture of it on it's own. I usually just use the normal watchband.

Great job on the buckle, man! I'm making a UC2 Drake too for Dragon*Con, and the buckle was about the only thing that isn't as accurate as I'd like it to be. I ended up going with the skull and crossbones one from the first game (bought it from a fellow RPF-er). I'll post pics once I try on the whole thing.

Nice work d. I currently have 5 henlys od different shades/material. I'm going back and forth on #1 or 3 to make. Also are you on the list for the new sculpt over at SSF?

nah, I helped provide the materials for their 1:6th journal though. As well as reference on all four holsters.
At the moment, I'm not sure I'm feeling the sculpt over there. There was one member who did a perfect Drake head but never seemed to get around to making it available.
If/when I see a head that I like, I'll buy two of them (I have two Drake figures) but for now, I'll stick with my stand-ins.
P1120292.jpg

Uncharted pictures by d_jedi1 - Photobucket

Same for me, he rushed the sculpt but hoping he'll fix it. If you're talking about Kauto-yep, his is about spot on.

I thought of you, because my husband showed me the unboxing video for Uncharted 3. I don't normally bother with them, but this one had Nolan North showing off the items. I thought you might like to see it, if only for the ring and belt buckle it comes with.
Uncharted 3: Unboxing the Collector's Edition - PlayStation 3 Feature at IGN

:thumbsup Appreciated.. but... I already have it pre-ordered via Amazon. As an employee, I get a discount.

I saw where the european one comes with a BIG case that holds 19 games.. yeesh. (watch, this one will too and I'll look like a sucker for not watching the video before responding :lol )

edit: oh and uh... I'll be sharing that link on Facebook for my friends and clanmates.. :thumbsup thank you. :D

Hi there!

also setting up some Nathan Drake outfits from the different uncharted games. Since nothing official is available, I started building the holsters. I tried to be as close to the original as possible (take a look at the pictures). At the same time the gear shoud be as robust and functional as the one in the game.

Some changes had to be done concerning dimensions - e.g. the gun in the game was much bigger than in reality.

Would be great to get some feedback what could be improved!

Cheers

Love Uncharted! your outfit looks great! ^^
Really love the holster, and great job on the buckle too, really nicely made! ^^

Hi there!

also setting up some Nathan Drake outfits from the different uncharted games. Since nothing official is available, I started building the holsters. I tried to be as close to the original as possible (take a look at the pictures). At the same time the gear shoud be as robust and functional as the one in the game.

Some changes had to be done concerning dimensions - e.g. the gun in the game was much bigger than in reality.

Cheers

That holster is absolutely gorgeous! looks really professional, is it Leather?

Hi there!

Thanks for the kind words! The holsters are made of 5 mm thick vegetable-tanned leather. All metal parts are solid and rustproof.

Should last a while...

Hi there!

Cheers

It looks perfect.. the only thing I'd change is that I don't have one of my own. ;)

I hadn't noticed that the pistol in the first game was too large. I just went with the overall scaling from Uncharted 2 and based it on the M4 and AK in the long shots with Drake. :lol

But damn.. that Holster is beautiful.

edit: I just realized that you have one of each there! Awesome! I prefer the look of the first one but my costume is mainly based upon the Uncharted 2 look.
Hmm..... if you get around to producing those I think I may have a financial dilemma on my hands :lol

Hi there!

Cheers

OUTSTANDING job and top shelf work Leatherworker!! I am new to the forum and found it by looking for Uncharted gear, and I had to give you props for the amazing work:thumbsup PM sent:cool

Where are the uncharted experts?

trying to solve the riddle with the last little detail missing in my uncharted 1 holster - can't stop thinking ablout it :facepalm

There is a second line of text in the NDI print on the back plate. I found a lot of speculations ("industries", "inc." etc.).

From some close up's, I had the impression it could also be "R. Diamant" - the name of the character designer. But it seems impossible to find a picture making this point clear.

Does anyone has trusted informations??????

Not sure how to deal with this topic - but that way something is missing...

I see what you mean and the reference I have for Uncharted 2 shows it on that rig as well. Problem is that none of my reference if large enough to make it out :/

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back