WIP - MMPR Red Ranger

MisserCraig

Sr Member
I wanted to share the progress I've made to date on my Red Ranger helmet. I can't for the life of my remember where I got the pieces originally, but this project has been on the back burner and sitting in a closet for 3 or 4 years now. It's supposedly screen derived, and when I received it, it came in two pieces - front and back halves. However, the problem was that these pieces were so warped and wonkied that they did not even come close to matching up or fitting together in any way shape or form. I'm currently working on consolidating the pieces into one seamless helmet with the ultimate plan to create a slush mold for a completely seamless display piece. I'm about 10 hours in on this project as of now. I'm hoping to remember to update with pics as I move along :cool

Hrmmm, this brings me back. Great childhood memories :)

That's amazing progress so far for only 10hrs!
Definitely look forward to seeing it all painted up!

:thumbsup

That looks great! Are you going to paint and add latches or do the magnets or just for display?

Here is my 2nd helmet I'm currently working on.

photo-2.jpg

Can't wait for your updates. Will be following it until it's finished

Worked a bit more tonight. Need to work a few more kinks out and wetsand before I'm ready to mold it. I am planning on making 2 copies, one seamless, and one with the latches added. Love the blue ranger lid yoo!

Smoothcast 300 Series works great, doing is as a slush cast. But if you want a cheaper product, go with Model-Pro resin from SpecialtyResins on eBay. I've been using it for a little over a year now no bad results yet.
MisserCraig- I'm pretty sure what you have is a stunt used helmet. The teeth are different from the hero used helmet, and I've seen both helmets in person.

I will be using the Smoothcast 300 - Haven't heard of ModelPro but I think I will check that out before placing my order.

Thanks for the insight pep - it's good to know that the face has some kind of lineage. Now if only I can get the back half to pass off as decent as well :-D

I will be using the Smoothcast 300 - Haven't heard of ModelPro but I think I will check that out before placing my order.

Thanks for the insight pep - it's good to know that the face has some kind of lineage. Now if only I can get the back half to pass off as decent as well :-D

Yeah, there are "3" types of lineage if you will

1. show type - the detail is more accented and visor is a plexiglass type
2. stunt cast - the visor is a resin based and has holes in them
3. a combination of both, with the detail of show, but visor like stunt.

That looks great! Are you going to paint and add latches or do the magnets or just for display?

Here is my 2nd helmet I'm currently working on.

photo-2.jpg

Can't wait for your updates. Will be following it until it's finished

Hey man where did you get yours? I'm looking for blue movie helmet really but may settle for something like this :)

This is really great! Im soon to begin a White Ranger helmet for a client of mine so I look forward too seeing what you do with this.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back