WIP Metal Cylon Sword

Sean

Sr Member
Blades a Cheap wall hanger. Rest Is machined by me and a freind. Still have to do the grooves In the pommel.

DSC00005.JPG

Making this for a long time friend and Cylon brother.

Last edited:
Had the sheeth. Was going to wrap It with metalic car wrap. It disappeared when I had a few. I consider this one a failure any way. Blade Is crap

I understand and with any next version of the sword you learn a great deal from making the first. All I can see is even more greatness from version 2 whenever your done with it. Looking forward to seeing version 2 Sean. Keep up the great form a fellow BSG Fan.

I understand and with any next version of the sword you learn a great deal from making the first. All I can see is even more greatness from version 2 whenever your done with it. Looking forward to seeing version 2 Sean. Keep up the great for a fellow BSG Fan.
Toataly appreciated

The blade Is from a cheap wall hanger. And whatever the finish Is on It. It's getting dark spots of some type of corrosion. And I screwed up one pommel trying to put the trenches that run around the back part of the Pommel. Those would realy make the sword pop. I only have thirty minutes access a day to a millling machine. That and a wrong chuck plus Ebay endmills just did not get the job done. Working on solutions. For now tho my friend I'm making this for can play with this one until I figure out a better way. Anybody that knows were I can get my hands on better blades of this type. Please give me a heads up. And thank all of you for the kind word's

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back