WIP Lukes Stunt macros

Zombie Killer

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here are a few teaser pics of something i have been working on for quite some time. Got to change a few things and figure out a few things but this is where i'm at. I can't divulge any info right now, some i can't at all because it was given to me. This will be just a showoff thread but i thought you guys would enjoy it either way. I ID'd 90% of it. One big part was told to me. (thanks!!!, you know who you are!!!) With the exception of the viewer box and lens plate (which is just a temp) all are found parts. Still have a few oddball things to ID and the viewer box has been changed since this pic was taken.

I'd like to give a BIG shout out to Marcus, Chris and Rob. Without them i could never have gotten this as close as it is. Their help has been AWESOME!!! Thanks guys could not have done it without you!

Teaser1.jpg

Teaser2.jpg

Last edited:
Are there pics of this in the movie? I never would have thought that they made a stunt for such an obscure piece.

Every macro you see before the garage scene is the stunt. With the exception of the part where he looks down at his aunt when she tells him to find a droid that speaks bochy or what ever she says. Then it pops up again just before he looks at the tuskins. They switched to the Hero for the closeup.

Except for when he is with Treadwell which takes place before everything but wasn't used in the movie.

camera7.jpeg

camera10.jpg

That is right, there are a bunch of photos that are not in the movie and they have the stunt. Thanks Clutch for the pics.

It's also the set that Biggs is looking through in the wide shot and (I believe) the wide shot where Camie throws them back to Luke (deleted scene).

Every macro you see before the garage scene is the stunt. With the exception of the part where he looks down at his aunt when she tells him to find a droid that speaks bochy or what ever she says. Then it pops up again just before he looks at the tuskins. They switched to the Hero for the closeup.

Last edited:
Nice!

Question : Did the hero Luke wear all the hero props and his stunt double all the stunt props? :confused

:D

-Chaim

Chaim your crazy...... haha, did they even have stunt doubles?

Jun, thanks, yes the lenses were painted like the heros. From what i can tell ANH tie detail grey is a very close match.

Are you sure about your body?
I think the profile is very slightly different and there appears to be something just at the top see highlight?

profile.jpeg

And there is also this on the second shot

profile1.jpg

Last edited:
Also does anyone have any pictures of the reverse side of this?

Last edited:
He's sure.

I have no doubt that the body is the correct part!
Anyway, please take a look at the area right below the two knobs on the viewer box...

There is a protruding "something" with two slot-headed screws, which obviously is not present on the replica!? Is it part of the original camera or another add-on?

Marv:
The thing you circled in red seems to be a strip of bubble-lense, similar if not identical to the one as seen on the Eumig based macros.

Markus

Last edited:
I'll post a couple of pictures I have which I think may show some of what I've highlighted soon, you may from that see where I'm coming from.

Last edited:
Odiwan, the side piece with the screws is an add on and i have not been able to ID i yet. It's actuall 2 parts but i don't know if they are from the same donor. That is the only thing i am missing. Well i am also missing a few parts for the mystery box. Yes this one has one too and it's different from the hero.

I am 100% sure the body is correct .

Also i ground the plate too much and it is a bit thin. That will be corrected.

Maybe give us a small hint reg. the body...another 8mm cam I guess? ;)

Until today, I thought of a B&H version, but now I see the inaccuracies on mine.

Markus

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back