WIP Lukes Stunt macros

Howard, i hope to have this done in a week, i am waiting for lens plate material. I'll repost pics then.

Just posted above then saw your post.
I'm really looking forward to the completed prop!
And I really hope the body you have is the correct part, as it will finally put another mystery to bed regards Star Wars props.

These are fantastic, they show how it was put together too with the lens plate - Awesome.

On the shot with the missing lens does that look like clear acrylic to anyone else painted black (reflection of the screws in the clear part)?
Got me wandering would they have gone to the trouble of cutting holes in the body so you could get daylight through it?

Just posted above then saw your post.
I'm really looking forward to the completed prop!
And I really hope the body you have is the correct part, as it will finally put another mystery to bed regards Star Wars props.

Howard I debated this a while with ZK about the body part but what I would say is its this shot that nails it totally for me:

You can just about make out the battery door and indented body where the camera labelling is seen (on the door) not to mention the hinge.
The complete lack of features on the body's other side simply adds to this.

The only debatable part could be the use of the E-3, you may be right about the work it involves. Sabers, blasters all appear to be pretty straight forward in composition to go to these lengths, but who knows?

Haven't had much time to mess with this but i did make a lens plate for it. Finally painted and mounted it today.

DSC08685Large.jpg

DSC08686ALarge.jpg

They are looking awesome. How have you gone about attaching the lenses to the plate, did you screw into them like it kind of looks like from the photos posted earlier in the post? I notice you look to be using similar for your hero build too. I am thinking they would have made them the same way for those too. Can I ask did you have to order the acrylic specially from some place?

For the miranda i attached the camera mount to the plate so the lens is removable. I thought about mounting it like the props with wood screws but worried i'd end up with the same result, a lens that falls off. For the Neoca i tapped the original mounting holes and screwed it to the plate.

I got the clear stuff off ebay.

Yes it's very close to 10mm. Probably 9.75mm. I think it is too thick for the heros though. I am pretty sure the stunts and hero plates are different thicknesses. When i try the stunt material on the hero it looks thick and when i tried my hero material on the stunt its too thin.

Well i finally finished this as much as i can. I have not had any time to do any more searching for the mystery side box and the part that hangs off the side in the middle. I will leave these like this for now until i can devote more time to research. I am super happy with how these came out.

DSC00170Medium.jpg

DSC00171Medium.jpg

DSC00173Medium.jpg

DSC00175Medium.jpg

DSC00179Medium.jpg

DSC00180Medium.jpg

DSC00181Medium.jpg

DSC00182Medium.jpg

DSC00183Medium.jpg

DSC00184Medium.jpg

Simply amazing. Started to piece together my hero build on the weekend. This is going to give me that extra push to get building on one of these. Do you have any plans or measurements you'd be willing to share on the make up of the transition box, is it simply a two piece construction? Also what did you use for the disc on the door?

Thanks guys, it still looked a bit too clean so i put them down on a gravel and sandy area and got the leaf blower out....... it was the only way i could think of getting the really small sandblasting nicks. I like the effect.

DSC00197-1.jpg

DSC00199-1.jpg

DSC00200-1.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

Last edited:
awesome work!!
Now do some straight 1:1 comparsion shots ;):thumbsup

I´m also curious about the transition box.

Markus

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back