{WIP} - Ezra's Light Saber

Well, Everything seems to be done (except for some weathering/aging)

DSC_0038[1].JPG DSC_0039[1].JPG DSC_0040[1].JPG DSC_0041[1].JPG

Right now it is pretty much a dummy piece. No electronics at all, even though there is more than enough room to retro fit them in another time. A time where I can find those pieces for less than an arm/leg.

Onward to the next project... unless you all can tell me where I can improve this puppy.

Right now it is pretty much a dummy piece. No electronics at all, even though there is more than enough room to retro fit them in another time. A time where I can find those pieces for less than an arm/leg..

Could you add electronics by scavenging the electronics from one of the toy versions of Ezra's saber? Of course they could be too large but it might be worth looking into since the toy has sound effects for both the saber and the stunner part.

Could you add electronics by scavenging the electronics from one of the toy versions of Ezra's saber? Of course they could be too large but it might be worth looking into since the toy has sound effects for both the saber and the stunner part.
It would also be nice to compare scale between the 2. I'll look into it

Thanks

Looks great! Do you normally sand the surfaces smooth or leave the printed texture? Is the lower saber grip actually grooved or just painted silver/black? I agree with you, that would be better if it was machined.

Looks great! Do you normally sand the surfaces smooth or leave the printed texture? Is the lower saber grip actually grooved or just painted silver/black? I agree with you, that would be better if it was machined.
First thing, when it comes to sanding, it depends on the subject. Since most Star Wars items are a bit more... Uhm... Rustic, I have no problem leaving the printed finish.

The Lower hilt is printed in Black ABS. It is ribbed. the high parts are painted silver by dabbing them with a paint soaked (not dripping) cotton ball. I have to admit that this technique worked better than I had hoped.

I have designed up Ezra's Light Saber but I think I have messed up the scaling. Obviously, I would like to fix any issues before I print up to much.

My scaling started with this screen grab from the episode "Path of the Jedi"
View attachment 447946 and View attachment 447955

Based on the size of Kanen's hand and using my own to scale, I figured that the hilt had a diameter of 2". So I came up with this as my final design...
View attachment 447951
Overall Dimensions 2-1/4" x 7-3/4" x 12-1/4"

I'm starting to wonder if my scaling is off. A 2" diameter hilt is a bit big for me, it would probably be HUGE to a 14 year old. I've been looking at http://www.thecustomsabershop.com and most of their main bodies are 1-1/2" diameter.

I really want to get going on this build, but I don't want to waste time and effort on something oversized.

Thanks

Will le you make more to sell?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back