WIP: EVA foam Iron man build

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by hyperguyver2, May 16, 2012.

1. hyperguyver2

hyperguyver2 New Member

*SCRAPPED*
    Hello RPF! I am attempting my first Eva build and I figured that the Iron Man MK VI armor would be a good start. Thanks to Stealth and so many others who devloped the pep files that make this project possible! So far I have all the parts for the chest plate cut and will begin glueing tonight. So far it has definatly been a challenge but very fun. The chest and back will be made of 1/2 inch foam and the rest 1/4 in foam. Here's my dilemma, I cannot fine 6mm, 8mm or 1/4 eva foam anywhere in my area and I tried searching the forum for the information, but I'm having no luck. Where can I buy the 1/4 inch foam for this project? If all goes well either today or tomorrow I should be able to post the progress of the chest plate

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  2. hyperguyver2

hyperguyver2 New Member

Sorry I have not been able to post the pictures of my progress on this project, currently in the process of changing net providers, I can only check the thread at work. I have 6 days worth of progess pics I will post as soon as I get the net back up at home

3. Tonyfatumvw

Tonyfatumvw Member

4. hyperguyver2

hyperguyver2 New Member

5. Tonyfatumvw

Tonyfatumvw Member

No problem man glad to help looking forward to seein the iron man build

6. hyperguyver2

hyperguyver2 New Member

Finally a pic update as promised, theres about 16 days worth of work in this so far, its not the best looking build but since this is proving much easier and less expensive than I thought I plan to rebuild a few parts down the road when my foam-fu has improved, mainly the back abodminal plate (I'll admit im a bit too fat for this but i'll make it work). I also managed to find foam mats at Sears for around $25 in 1/4 in thickness in 90x 40 sheets, gotta love the fitness dept sometimes

7. hyperguyver2

hyperguyver2 New Member

I have completed the cod piece but I've ran into a problem, I've already expaned the patern 10% and it first properly but I cannot put it on without bursting a seam. I used the templates provided by stealth, but is there a way to install velcro in the sides of the part without changing its look?

8. mushroomhunter

mushroomhunter Active Member

That is looking awesome dude! I am about to start my build soon too. I was able to purchase some 8mm foam on Amazon a few months back. Was gonna use it for a home gym, but it didn't really pan out. I've decided to use it for the build, which seems to be perfect for it.

Good luck on your suit!

9. hyperguyver2

hyperguyver2 New Member

Thanks you very much, ill keep my eyes open for your build

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  10. Darth Sparrow

Darth Sparrow New Member

So you are using stealths templates? My question is, if you don't mind me asking, what size are you like chest and waist wise. You seem to be about my build and I'm wondering how much did you scale everything up? trying to figure all the details out cause Ill be starting my build soon.

11. hyperguyver2

hyperguyver2 New Member

I am using Stealth (really Robo's) templates, I wear a Large when it comes to my shirts, I did not need to alter the size of the chest at all. Im a 38 waist so I had to increase the cod size by 10% and now the cod fits properly but I need to find a way to alter it to make it easier to put on and not risk breaking a seam while suiting up. Since I have a bit of a "beer belly" I had to increase the abdominal section by 10% as well. Hope this helps.

12. Kurtis876

Kurtis876 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

man looks very cool! hope to see more!

13. hyperguyver2

hyperguyver2 New Member

hey all sorry ive been out a while. been without net, had some marital issues but things are finally ready for me to get back to work. ive got a few small updates but not alot. I am also finding that I am missing some parts (the covering for the hand, and the hip pods) does anyone know where I can get these missing peices? Heres where I stand so far.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  14. JFcustom

JFcustom Sr Member

You'll find your missing parts here.

I've bought a half dozen of this. It's magic ! A bit expensive, but for the very last coat it gives to your suit the beautifull aspect of a brand new truck.

Google translates :

Universal acrylic paint quick-drying for decorative applications.
    Suitable for protecting and securing media paper, canvas, wood, copper, brass, aluminum, glass, ceramic, bread dough, flowers and herbs.
    One lasting shine, Varnish plasticizer is resistant to external conditions, shocks and scratches.
    Plasticizer MOTIP Varnish is unalterable and protects against oxidation and UV rays.

15. hyperguyver2

hyperguyver2 New Member

It sounds pretty awsome not gunna lie, unfortunately I am dont know how to use a .rar file so I cannot open it. When it comes to computers im a total n00b.

16. JFcustom

JFcustom Sr Member

A rar file is like a zip file. You need to download and install WinRAR to open rar files. It aslo opens zip files and many other archive formats.

17. hyperguyver2

hyperguyver2 New Member

I tired using this program but for some reason I cannot get these to work, Is there another way for me to get these missing parts?

18. JFcustom

JFcustom Sr Member

19. hyperguyver2

hyperguyver2 New Member

Hey guys I'm just posting to say that the project is currently on hold due to some budget issues and several parts being damaged in a move. I'm hoping to have this done in time for the Iron Man 3 premier, once I resume my work I'll post the progress

20. hyperguyver2

hyperguyver2 New Member

We'll folks I am sad to announce that this project has offically been scrapped. The recent move and now a bitter divorce has depleted me of my funds and with the movie comin up next week it I not posible for me to complete this in time.