FINISHED (see pg 21) WIP - BTTF - Nike Air Mag

Does the seam really have to move?

You buy rolls of ribbon in 12.7mm that will perfectly replicate the lace and are strong.

Does the seam really have to move?

You buy rolls of ribbon in 12.7mm that will perfectly replicate the lace and are strong.

Yes, to make this system to work, i need to get this seam to be far away from the laces...
Yes the laces are sold in ribbon, and I got about 1 metre of each ;)

Anyway, stay tuned a few minutes, I have some news...

OK. Would you not have a liner to separate the laces from the outer shell?

As far as I can tell, that is what these parts on each side of the heel piece are for.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Real Nike MAG Patterns Liner.jpg
    Real Nike MAG Patterns Liner.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 558
OK. Would you not have a liner to separate the laces from the outer shell?

As far as I can tell, that is what these parts on each side of the heel piece are for.

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=577288&d=1452729591
I guess this is the purpose of the 2 parts on the side of this pattern : a material that is soft and that slides better... ?

Anyway here is my new model (basically the same but fixed on plywood)
Now that everything is correctly made (still have to make it better and thiner but hey, that's just a test to get a proof of concept ;) )

I'll go to the real stuff once I'll find the good fabric and a way to trigger the mechanism that can fit in the sole.

Enjoy :

:love

Last edited by a moderator:
i guess this is the purpose of the 2 parts on the side of this pattern : A material that is soft and that slides better... ?

now that everything is correctly made (still have to make it better and thiner but hey, that's just a test to get a proof of concept ;) )

i'll go to the real stuff once i'll find the good fabric and a way to trigger the mechanism that can fit in the sole.

Enjoy :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnlclbchovw

great scott!!!!!

I guess this is the purpose of the 2 parts on the side of this pattern : a material that is soft and that slides better... ?

Now that everything is correctly made (still have to make it better and thiner but hey, that's just a test to get a proof of concept ;) )

I'll go to the real stuff once I'll find the good fabric and a way to trigger the mechanism that can fit in the sole.

Enjoy :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNLclbchOvw

Better than NIKE!!!!

Enjoy :

Wow great work! Are you planning to make the ankle strap self lace too? I think that would probably be pretty hard since you would have to hide the lacing mechanism in the ankle buckle.

Fantastic.
So will you have to use a 9v battery?

Enjoy :

Not sure if this is how you plan on doing the laces, but a while ago I was playing around with the idea and hand cut (why it was not the best prototype) a lace system made from 1.6mm PolyProp. This was a single part that ran on a track, also made from 1.6mm Poly. This material is fairly cheap and slides well with not much friction.

Wow great work! Are you planning to make the ankle strap self lace too? I think that would probably be pretty hard since you would have to hide the lacing mechanism in the ankle buckle.
Not sure, but I have an idea for this one. We'll see when I'll finish my Power Lace system ;)
But I think it is possible to hide something in the anckle buckle, or make a new one a little bit deeper to hide every thing inside.

Fantastic.
So will you have to use a 9v battery?
There is no need for power supply in this system ;)

Not sure if this is how you plan on doing the laces, but a while ago I was playing around with the idea and hand cut (why it was not the best prototype) a lace system made from 1.6mm PolyProp. This was a single part that ran on a track, also made from 1.6mm Poly. This material is fairly cheap and slides well with not much friction.
Sorry cavx, I don't know what you're talking about ^^ (I'm really new in this kind of "making ythings" so I'm often lost when It comes to technical stuffs and materials in english)
Do you have pictures or examples ?
What's sure, is that laces made out of some silk would be better, but I couldn't find other material for the laces... :/

Not sure, but I have an idea for this one. We'll see when I'll finish my Power Lace system ;)
But I think it is possible to hide something in the anckle buckle, or make a new one a little bit deeper to hide every thing inside.

There is no need for power supply in this system ;)

Sorry cavx, I don't know what you're talking about ^^ (I'm really new in this kind of "making ythings" so I'm often lost when It comes to technical stuffs and materials in english)
What's sure, is that laces made out of some silk would be better, but I couldn't find other material for the laces... :/

hi yes
i can see in the video its just a push mechanism.
how do you plan to make it unlace back?
the obvious way is a spring system.

yep, spring system is what I was thinking about but I don't know where to find good ones.
The thing I need to make is a lock so the laces stay on rest position when not used. And that mean dig into the sole.

Hopefully this will make sense.

attachment.php

I think the track would be best attached to the arc side of the shoe. Stop points for "rest" (open) and wear (closed) could also be added.

Attachments

• Power Lace Track.jpg
    Power Lace Track.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 593
yes, i understand with pictures :)
How does it look like ? (the PolyProp) Where can I shop for this ?

Basically, my design is almost the same. I just worrying about the hardness (is this word correct/exists ?) of the material and I don't want the shoe to lose its shape in putting something too rigid inside.

yes, i understand with pictures :)
How does it look like ? (the PolyProp) Where can I shop for this ?

Basically, my design is almost the same. I just worrying about the hardness (is this word correct/exists ?) of the material and I don't want the shoe to lose its shape in putting something too rigid inside.

Out of all the plastics on the market, Polyprop is probably the best and why it used for everything that has to last. From car bumpers to speaker cones, it is used because it is strong, light and can handle heat. It can be be glued or even plastic welded. It does not break down like PVC or PET.

I buy sheets of 900mm x 600mm x 1.6mm for $12.00, so also affordable. It comes in white too :)

i'll try to get some if I find out how it is translated in here (french canadian) ;)
And I might have found another method for the system. More expensive but I think this will be better...
I'll post something as soon as I get the stuff I need to make this.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back