WIP Adam West Display Bust

It would be really cool to add sculpted eye details for a more statue look. Just a thought.

Along the line of the lower right one in this pic.

eye-plate.jpg

Sculpting Eyes « everyday art by Kathy O'Connell

Doug

Thanks Guys!!!

This is more for a display for the real fabric cowl not a sculpture for the sake of sculpture like a statue.

Most folks going for a realistic look are customizing the resin head with artificial eyes or using the foam in white like a Styrofoam head to make the cowl pop.
The smooth eye gives the folks who want to paint the foam an opportunity to get a more realistic look as well.

If everything was sculpted or if it was intended as a stand alone sculpture I would agree with you about the stylized eyes.

Chuck...

Thanks Guys!!! :)

I'm old school, so it was done with texture stamps, loop tools and the occasional pounding on the surface with my knuckle.

Chuck...

That texture is great, I'm stuck on my Arnold sculpture trying to find a way to make the textures, do you know where i can get some of those texture stamps or at least what I should look for? Thank you very much for your attention.

Hi DABR,

Burman Industries used to have a set of ready made texture stamps. Check with them.

My oldest and still some of my favorite stamps are some I made from tube silicone caulk and talcum powder from the skins of oranges and lemons. Use a release agent!

Keep an eye out for old wrinkled leather and other surfaces to mold to create your library of stamps.

Some really nice wrinkle textures can be made with a wire rake.
You can find hand made ones from KensTools.com .
I have a couple of mass produced rakes that were made by Kemper (I think) that are similar but heavier.

Hope this helps!

Chuck...

This is really awesome. I have seen a lot of Micheal Keetons and a lot of Christian Bales, but it's nice to see Adam West too. It is an excellent sculpture by the way. Very, Very cool.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back