Willow D+ Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people come to a thread to complain about something that isn't happening? There isn't a "woke" outcry and yet people take this opportunity to bitch about it! It's like a scarecrow building exercise in here. :lol:
I didn't mean it that way. It was meant sort of tongue in cheek hence the last line I wrote. It was a more "I wouldn't be surprised either " if there was an outcry about little people. From every woke crowd except little people. Just a comment about how things seem to work these days. Hence why I didn't reply at laspector.:)

as much as I love Peter Jackson's LOTR, I still and will always say, I think he should have used actual Little People for it. As great as the VFX was, I just never could get past that the Hobbits were just obviously normal sized folk shrunken down. It doesn't show so much in shots with just Hobbits, but when in shots with the other "human" actors, it just doesn't look right IMHO. The proportions just aren't right IMHO.

Hobbits were not intended to have the proportions of our real world Little People.

Well, that's been said before, but I have yet to find anything in the literature that says that. Tolkien describes their clothing, hair, and such, but where does it say they have the proportions of normal humans just smaller?

You can't just go on paintings that other people have done. That's just someone else's interpretation.

Well, that's been said before, but I have yet to find anything in the literature that says that. Tolkien describes their clothing, hair, and such, but where does it say they have the proportions of normal humans just smaller?

You can't just go on paintings that other people have done. That's just someone else's interpretation.
But in the same line of questioning, where does it say they had proportions of human little people? I don’t recall him ever saying that either.

If he left it so ambiguous to interpretation, then the films, as well as every artist’s interpretation, were exactly correct. Maybe Tolkien wanted it to be up to each person to have their own unique image of the characters in their imagination. And just because others imagined the characters different than how you did, doesn’t mean they were wrong, they were as correct as you were. ;)

That's fair. I'll concede that, but saying they "were not intended to have the proportions of our real world Little People" is wrong. That implies Tolkien said that, which he didn't.

So, we could both be right or we could both be wrong.

I am going to make the assumption that this guy is “Son of Madmartigan”. The resemblance appears to be pretty obvious.

DC062569-AEE8-4501-9CEA-B7A2B556D509.jpeg

I actually do kind of hope this will be good. I mean, I like Willow, but it wasn’t really excellent in execution, and maybe with a good showrunner a series could work. And that’s what I think reboots/remakes/soft reboots should be, a stronger take on something that had good elements but just didn’t work for some reason in the original.

That was actually pretty funny. Life's Too Short was fantastic and Warwick is just great. He's one of the few actors from the original trilogy I haven't met but would love to if I ever got the chance.

I loved Willow as a kid and I'm old enough to have seen it in the theater, unlike the majority of the cast hahaha. This could be a fun sequel series as long as it keeps the lighthearted adventure tone of the film.

Reactions: Ron
Cautiously optimistic. I’ve been a lifelong fan of the movie and have watched it at least once a year since elementary school when our class watched it before Christmas vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back