Willow D+ Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
in light of the recent treatment of classic characters, in new revival series and movies (Star Wars, Star Trek, etc), I am not sure I want this anymore.

I can see it now...

Madmartigan has abandoned his family and lives out on the frontier again, as a scoundrel, dirtbag, and a thief. Sorsha has died of a broken heart.

Willow has failed to defend the realm and has become a grouchy recluse who lives in a cave, subsisting on freshly-squeezed Troll’s milk.

Burglekutt has taken over Willow’s farm and Queen Bavmorda has returned from the Netherworld to rule the land.

Last edited:
in light of the recent treatment of classic characters, in new revival series and movies (Star Wars, Star Trek, etc), I am not sure I want this anymore.

I can see it now...

Madmartigan has abandoned his family and lives out on the frontier again, as a scoundrel, dirtbag, and a thief. Sorsha has died of a broken heart.

Willow has failed to defend the realm and has become a grouchy recluse who lives in a cave, subsisting on freshly-squeezed Troll’s milk.
This is too much of a cult classic for them to do that. The fan base isn’t big enough. If it happens, it’ll probably turn out like that Dark Crystal Netflix show.

But also, Val Kilmer probably isn’t capable of getting into good enough shape to be Madmartigan again. Still, I’d be down to see more Willow. I like the original, and I think with a better written story, it could actually turn out good.

Sadly, Kilmer has some sort of condition that prevents him from talking (or talking much). What he did in Jay and Silent Bob Reboot (stand silently and smile) is about all he's capable of, I gather. :(

Sadly, Kilmer has some sort of condition that prevents him from talking (or talking much). What he did in Jay and Silent Bob Reboot (stand silently and smile) is about all he's capable of, I gather. :(

His voice isn't strong but he can speak just fine. He was in the middle of doing his Mark Twain show when he filmed his spot for J&SB, so I don't see how he couldn't speak at all if he's doing a one man show. That aside, I dont think theyd absolutely need to bring his character back for a show like this. Just do it without him.

That's good to hear...maybe he "couldn't talk much" (what Kevin Smith said) was because he had to save his voice for the show?

Use his condition and write it in, Madmartigan fought off intruders and he was injured but can still protect the lands. They can show snippets of and aged warrior slaying bad guys and has a scene saying something like "Off for another round of practice, still the greatest swordsman"

I was gonna say have an older Elora with powers buut a super strong female gets backlash these days ‍:lol

I don’t know, maybe I’m stepping on toes here, but I think remakes/reboots/thirty-year-later-sequels should be of movies that didn’t do so well or weren’t that great to begin with. I mean, I like Willow, and I’m sure there are quite a few hardcore fans, but there’s definitely potential to do it better. I especially think there’s a vacuum right now for medieval/fantasy content in the vein of LOTR, because thanks to Game of Thrones, all fantasy nowadays is all “adult” and miserable and full of sex and violence. A sequel series, with Warwick having much more acting experience behind him, better writing, and some good production design/value could be good.

I tried to read the sequel novel - first of a trilogy - Bood moon by Chris Claremont. I couldn't get through the first chapter, it was confusing as hell, a few reviewers called it the worst book ever written, so I hope thats not their source material. I ditched it when Tir Aisleen is destroyed killing everyone but Alora.

Forgive any misspellings, I'm doing this on a tablet in the hospital where I've been since november, literally flatlining 3 times.

I tried to read the sequel novel - first of a trilogy - Bood moon by Chris Claremont. I couldn't get through the first chapter, it was confusing as hell, a few reviewers called it the worst book ever written, so I hope thats not their source material. I ditched it when Tir Aisleen is destroyed killing everyone but Alora.

Forgive any misspellings, I'm doing this on a tablet in the hospital where I've been since november, literally flatlining 3 times.
Wow! Hope things get better soon!

I just re watched the original. Other than some obvious matting problems with the Brownies, I think it still holds up pretty great.

On another note, as much as I love Peter Jackson's LOTR, I still and will always say, I think he should have used actual Little People for it. As great as the VFX was, I just never could get past that the Hobbits were just obviously normal sized folk shrunken down. It doesn't show so much in shots with just Hobbits, but when in shots with the other "human" actors, it just doesn't look right IMHO. The proportions just aren't right IMHO.

Honestly, (and yes, I know actual little people were used in the film) I'm surprised there wasn't a massive outcry from the Little People community on that movie for discrimination against them. Not that I would want that. I guess the Little People community are smarter and more mature than this current woke generation.

They are "actors" for a reason. They are "acting " as little people. Next people will want actual crime lords to play people like Tony Montana in films like scarface. Yes I would love to see actual little people in roles like that (I'm a huge fan of Warrick Davis.) but people are hired on thier acting chops as they are "actors". I remember when people wanted an actual blind person to play as Niander Wallace in Blade Runner 2049 instead of Jared Leto. He was hired on his skill as an actor, acting as a blind person. Everything nowadays is discrimination against someone. It's sad the path we've taken. Woke generation is getting sad. Not that it always was.

BTW I identify as a millionaire, now give me my money. ;)

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back