William Shatner's "The Captains" conversation with Pine, Stewart -

The whole thing is on Netflix. Really worth watching.

Did you guys know that Chris Pine:

Chris_Pine.jpg

Is the son of Robert Pine:

robert-pine-2-sized.jpg

I didn't know that till I watched the interviews! Pretty cool!

^
But also he's so far out there that I really think he's amazing on an intellectual level. Some people operate on a whole different level and I really think that he's one of those people.

No, he's just a wack-a-doodle.

I normally shy away from Star Trek Documentaries (what are they gonna tell me) but The Captains is terrific.

Highly recommend. It's currently on EPIX if you get that on your cable.

^
But also he's so far out there that I really think he's amazing on an intellectual level. Some people operate on a whole different level and I really think that he's one of those people.

I hear what you are saying but to me it comes off as schtick. I don't think he is really bonkers, but that "act" is too much for me.

It's amazing watching what a ****** Shatner is to Kate M (Janeway). He comes off looking like a real old school chauvinist. And the dude who plays Sisko is a wingnut. I think you called it Bryan. I've been in the art world with the writers and bohemians enough to know a pose or an affectation that's become real. My hometown was filled with dudes like that, full of beatnik non-sequiter bull ****. It isn't intellect, it's pseudo intellect. It's showing off. Trying to get others lost enough to think you're a genius.

OH please, Mulgrew came across like a grade A ****. "My kids hated me for for doing the show, you men don't know what that's like." No their marriages just all took a dump, so they have no idea, meanwhile her ungrateful, whining whelps probably got whatever they wanted, and went to pretty much whatever school they wanted without having to worry about anything financially, but WAH. I'd have been an ass to her too for that crap.

OH please, Mulgrew came across like a grade A ****. "My kids hated me for for doing the show, you men don't know what that's like." No their marriages just all took a dump, so they have no idea, meanwhile her ungrateful, whining whelps probably got whatever they wanted, and went to pretty much whatever school they wanted without having to worry about anything financially, but WAH. I'd have been an ass to her too for that crap.

She's like that in most interviews I've seen. I think she's mad that this is one of her only huge roles other than Mrs. Columbo.

I enjoyed it. I even liked watching Avery Brooks. I think he's an eccentric weirdo, but still, something interesting about the man.

I still think Shatner and Stewart should do some kind of grumpy old men type movie together. Something funny where they bicker and fight all the way through it. They have a natural chemistry and comedic timing.

I enjoyed it. I even liked watching Avery Brooks. I think he's an eccentric weirdo, but still, something interesting about the man.

I still think Shatner and Stewart should do some kind of grumpy old men type movie together. Something funny where they bicker and fight all the way through it. They have a natural chemistry and comedic timing.

They remind me of best friends who just bicker to have something to do. I know they became friends while filming Generations thanks to both loving horses...and both having to put up with Scotty.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back