William Shatner going to space.

Thats good......although looks like it should say George Takei.

Is their rivalry a playful type, or do they really not like each other?
If anyone knows.
I think it's genuine. There's a video on YT where someone asks him about the feud and I think Shatner's response was something like 'I don't know the man'. Whether or not that's 100% truthful... Though it does seem to me Takei's comment was unnecessarily mean-spirited. He simply could have just said nothing.

I think it's genuine. There's a video on YT where someone asks him about the feud and I think Shatner's response was something like 'I don't know the man'. Whether or not that's 100% truthful... Though it does seem to me Takei's comment was unnecessarily mean-spirited. He simply could have just said nothing.
Wasn't sure if its was like the Andy Kaufman/Jerry Lawler thing. Or a feud that was just teasing each other in a playful way.

I believe it’s a form of genuine……with a touch of (bad) humor. Koenig truly dispises Shatner, for example, but keeps it off social media.. But either way, Takei’s comment was off base to me. I expect better from Takei.

I believe it’s a form of genuine……with a touch of (bad) humor. Koenig truly dispises Shatner, for example, but keeps it off social media.. But either way, Takei’s comment was off base to me. I expect better from Takei.
It all comes off as petty jealousy on the part of Takei and Koenig.

Very tiresome, and very poor form.

It all comes off as petty jealousy on the part of Takei and Koenig.

Very tiresome, and very poor form.
Yeah, they’d get on stage at conventions (more Walter than George) and complain about Shatner and sometimes Nimoy and wanting better for themselves. Okay, I get that, but those guys were the stars and they have to carry the show. If Nichols, Takei, Koenig, or Doohan missed episodes here and there you never really caught that as long as the trio of Kirk Spock and McCoy were there. That was the show. I understand the pressure was huge on the stars of the day, and sometimes complaining about the story, or the lines, or whatever else is going on while trying to film fifty-five pages of script in five or six days is insane. I’m not saying Shatner was perfect, but I think Takei and Koenig had a hard time knowing the show was never about them but were so beloved by the fans they felt they should have had better.

I don't give a damn what the rest of the Star Trek cast thinks of Shatner going to space. I just think it's cool that James T. Kirk himself left our planet at the age of 90 and lived to tell us about it. I'm not even a big Star Trek fan either and I was moved to see his reaction.

shatnr.jpg

shatner.jpg

I'm so happy for him and I was very moved by his emotional words after landing.

But what I want to see is the capsule video of the entire trip. LOL is it bad that I want to see his face sucked back to his seat during launch? How did he handle those G's?

We'll see if anything goes down this Saturday at Fan Expo. I wonder how their respective events will be scheduled. Shatner may insist 'no crossover' events. Maybe they could be corralled into a show of fisticuffs, or open handed slaps. I'm joking of course.

Yah, pretty much all of his Trek costars hated him. I can't help but think there's probably a good reason for that.

Incidentally, I worked as a runner at horse shows in Colorado as a kid in the mid '80s, and Shatner was at one. I didn't get to meet him or run for him, but everyone who did said he was an *******.

Don’t forget Jimmy used to talk a lot of smack about Shatner.

George, Walter, and Jimmy hated him....
In 2011, Shatner interviewed Walter Koenig on his talk show Raw Nerve. He gave Koenig a chance to "vent"... and seemed to take it seriously. Shatner then responded, and I think gave Koenig a different view as to why Shatner acted the way he did. NOT an excuse for any bad behavior, but it did give Koenig some context to the stress Shatner was going through in his personal life back in the 1960s. All in all, it was a great interview and very civil... but I can not find it online (licensed to A&E)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back