Very close indeed :cool: :cool: (y) (y) Eyebrows are top AFAIK;) Yes, sideburns will define your face more for sure!
Nose is also good; mouth: his is smaller when at rest than yours...maybe for an exercise in the future, you could do a small pout when not smiling.
When smiling; yours and his are quite similar (small lower lip opening/drop for yours vs. wider opening/drop for his) again, it's a conscious exercise in front of a mirror to achieve that type of mimics. Eager to see your next update!!

My newest road trip for scouting my future photoshoot will be in Astoria's Ecola State Park. I have high hopes of finding the grassy slope next to the ocean before I age out of this costume. Either way, it's a Goonies field trip to Haystack rock and that can't possibly be a bad thing. I will post my scenery pics here when we get back.

I swear that was the heaviest traffic I have seen in years. The weather finally cleared and we headed out to Astoria. Turns out it was not only Dune/Sand Fest for the south coast but Kite fest for the North Coast.

It was insane. We only made it as far as Lincoln City before I called it on account of near deadly traffic encounter number 10. Every stupid person who ever owned a car, from northern Oregon, was at the coast. All driving 80 as though they were on the Interstate instead of the famously curving 101 Coast highway.

You all up north really suck and I harbor no regrets in saying so. You truly truly suck. No respect for anyone, no respect for others' safety.

There was one exception. One of the crew from the production team of ThatOregonLife.com was very politely driving along and I noted that they were like, sane, and then I noticed the company logo. Great stories and local interest stuff from that team. Well worth the view online, look em up.

But, we did have a wonderful time when we were off the road. All the kite fest folks were having a great time and it was very family friendly. Sand fest looked dangerous, as usual, and I pray it didn't turn deadly like most of those events do. The search and rescue helicopter was simply doing laps around and around. That pilot deserves some serious love from all the participants.

We stopped at many beach locations to get out of the insanity and did find a beautiful grassy slope that might very well suffice, given the right camera angles. And several locations worthy of pirate pics and some possible silliness in vid form. It is truly impressive how difficult it is to find a slope and grass similar to the scene with Orlando.

Also of note, we saw several whales, found fool's gold and loads of iron embedded in the beach cliffs (we left it undisturbed) and posed inside the Devil's punchbowl, only to find out several posers had to be rescued from the same location the day before..... It is so difficult being a stupid tourist but we perservered.

These are phone pics so I apologize for the distortion....
Resized_20230624_161525.jpg
Resized_20230624_160902.jpg

This coast is beautiful beyond words but grassy slope, we don't do grassy slope. Trees, brush, rocks and cliffs we do very well.

Resized_20230625_094448.jpg
Resized_20230625_142722.jpg

Last edited:
Niiice:cool::cool: The Pacific coast is gorgeous...aahh; one of my dream to go from Vancouver, all the way down to San Diego(y)(y)
In Oregon, the beach cannot be owned and is always public access. This does not stop some areas from being unreachable from the road due to extreme terrain where roads cannot go. Some of the really crazy spots need some planning and sometimes some local knowledge. If ever you head down the path, let me know. One of the easiest, non 101 sections, is Charleston to Cape Arago. Then you return to 101 on the same road. Nearly every right hand turn on that section, on the way in, leads to a seperate attraction. Even the ones that seem to be going into housing or a business. It is funny that some famous spots are on the other side of others and you have to park at the first, look around and then already know that, instead of leaving, you now take the path out the back. At the Botanical Gardens, there are 5 areas branching off the Gardens that are all worthy of spending an hour at each. Many people, even locals, don't know about all 5. All of that would be considered 1 right hand turn off the path.

In Oregon, the beach cannot be owned and is always public access. This does not stop some areas from being unreachable from the road due to extreme terrain where roads cannot go. Some of the really crazy spots need some planning and sometimes some local knowledge. If ever you head down the path, let me know. One of the easiest, non 101 sections, is Charleston to Cape Arago. Then you return to 101 on the same road. Nearly every right hand turn on that section, on the way in, leads to a seperate attraction. Even the ones that seem to be going into housing or a business. It is funny that some famous spots are on the other side of others and you have to park at the first, look around and then already know that, instead of leaving, you now take the path out the back. At the Botanical Gardens, there are 5 areas branching off the Gardens that are all worthy of spending an hour at each. Many people, even locals, don't know about all 5. All of that would be considered 1 right hand turn off the path.
Good to know...I thought that the right of passage/use was throughout the West Coast:unsure:

Good to know...I thought that the right of passage/use was throughout the West Coast:unsure:
Passage yes, ownership sways a bit between states. Similar to rivers, you can come onto the beach/landing from the water but getting to it from land, in most states, you are trespassing. California has many sections where the beach has been sequestered by fences that only the land owners have access to. Then again, maybe the law is the same and just isn't enforced to allow true public access.

Somehow I think I missed posting this resource. I searched but came up empty so here is one if my best sources for reference pics: The Costumer's Guide to Movie Costumes

They have many others, as well, so once you get there you can search for other characters and other films. Most of their pictures are high resolution reference material. They also have a lot of exhibition and museum display shots of screen used items. By changing the 2 to a 1,2,3... etc. you get the other sequels.

Still not enough weight off for my gobbler chin to disappear completely but we had an invite to a pirate party so I threw on Will Turner and attended. Note: This was two days after doing my Quint from jaws pose (below):

20231126_212109.jpg

20231127_003411.jpg

and Orlando from the intended scene

Will_Turner_curseless.jpg

Five more pounds and one man girdle to go yet before a trip to the beach for pics. This round of try ons did show me a few realistic fixes needed, like two more belt loops on the pants. And I need to pin the shirt cuff to the coat sleeve to keep it exposed.

Finally getting close.

Still not enough weight off for my gobbler chin to disappear completely but we had an invite to a pirate party so I threw on Will Turner and attended. Note: This was two days after doing my Quint from jaws pose (below):

View attachment 1764954

View attachment 1764957
and Orlando from the intended scene

View attachment 1764958

Five more pounds and one man girdle to go yet before a trip to the beach for pics. This round of try ons did show me a few realistic fixes needed, like two more belt loops on the pants. And I need to pin the shirt cuff to the coat sleeve to keep it exposed.

Finally getting close.
Getting very close indeed!! Eager to see the final comp:cool::cool:(y)(y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back