Will this work for a skin?

philtron5000

Hello pro pred-heads. I think I may have an idea for my first skin but am wondering if you think it would even work. I have a captain america halloween costume with the foam muscles and everything in the suit. If you haven't seen them, they are very light weight, zippered in the back, and the foam muscles are built in to the arms, chest and abs (no support in the back). I'm wondering if I can paint the entire thing with latex and have it work as a skin. My fears: material won't hold underneath because it is so light weight, the latex will rip because the suit is so flexible and light, and that the suit will sag due to the weight of the latex. Am I just paranoid?
Any insight would be very much appreciated. I'm anxious to get going on my first creation but don't want to set myself up for a disaster. Thanks for your time! - phil

i did the exact same thing but on a venom muscle suit

My skins done from a flash costume. Jaded made it though he added his own foam muscles to it. In my opinion the Mr. I suit and if its the same captain america suit i'm looking at right now on ebay they are to muscular but thats just me. If you want to take a look how Jaded's idea turned of the flash costume turned out check out my thread. I can't find Jaded's thread anymore to show the skin from the beginning to the end.

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=15274

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back