Will this airbrush kit get me started?

Belfast Neil

Been scouring the web for a cheap starter kit as I've never done anytihing with an airbrush. I don't want to go splashing a fortune without seeing whether I enjoy using it first. Found this kit, do you guys think it will do me? I have Lee's Wolf mask to paint with ink tinted latex and also my dreads to blacken up a shade. I may or may not use it for the rest of the armour etc. Probably have to use it for the skin at some point too.

Let me know wht you reckon.

http://bayls.co.uk/shop/euro-delivery/comp...ead#read_review

If you can point me to something better for similar cash by all means do so.

Thanks. :(

It seems that those spray guns have an internal mixture (air and paint) If your going to paint with coloured latex, you'll beter buy a gun with external mixture like the Badger 350.

it says its got 30 psi, you will be sitting there for a bit longer to make a dot. you should try what me and ernie got. the 60 dollar ones on ebay. they got 50 psi

Hi Neil it looks very similar to one i got from fleabay awhile back except mine has a black steel case and a handle to carry it around......
Like you, i had never done any airbrushing before but i found it very easy to use and set up and its a good price too.....
its says its set at 30 psi but if you move the black knob above the gauge you can get up to 50 psi.......

this is what i achieved with a bit of practice if you scroll down you will see some hands i did

Skin paint up

hope this helps

alan

Hi Neil it looks very similar to one i got from fleabay awhile back except mine has a black steel case and a handle to carry it around......
Like you, i had never done any airbrushing before but i found it very easy to use and set up and its a good price too.....
its says its set at 30 psi but if you move the black knob above the gauge you can get up to 50 psi.......

this is what i achieved with a bit of practice if you scroll down you will see some hands i did

Skin paint up

hope this helps

alan

Looks super, going to go ahead and order it on pay day. Thanks for the input.
Neil

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back