Will it be worth it?????

Neil Mehta

Hey Guys,

So I have a quick question that will require some suggestions and some feedback. I am pretty sure that everybody on here has different view to things and different budget but any feedback or response will be a great help.

So, say that you are either browsing online or you walk into a store and you find a Predator or Alien Figure that you are absolutely in love with. How much would you be willing to spend to get that in your collection, considering that it is priced at what it would absolutely be worth. For example, if a figure is $250. And what would be the basis of your purchase.

Thanks a lot.

Let's say if its the Predator Berserker 14" figure by Hot Toys and is listed for $260. I mean, once again, I know that this must be a strange question but I am just curious as to how many people would be williing to make that purchase considering the level of passion people have towards the Predator on here. And looking at the amount of money and time people are willing to spend on the costumes even though they are 2 totally different commodities.

Just a Hypothetical Question.

So was this thread meant to get advise from fellow collectors or just a topic used to show you can afford the higher end figures? :mad: It is an awfully weird question and can also be construed if read differently.

I, personally, would buy as many PREDATOR related items if my pocket book allowed. But alas... not all of us can purchase just to purchase. I will buy something if I think I really need to have it in my collection... but if it's pricey... I find a way. :(

I do hope you make wise choices when shopping for whatever it is you are setting out to buy. I would say buy what your feelings tell you and not what the green back says. Know what I'm saying here?

Reyals, the question was to see and get some feedback from the collectors that what do they look for when they are collecting the figures and how wisely do they spend the money. And, I mentioned it myself that this might be a strange question as it all depends on each one of us as to what we can afford and how :(

But I think that you did make a great point here............ I would say buy what your feelings tell you and not what the green back says .............. But, yeah I will keep you all posted once i make the purchase. I think I will INDULGE my appetite this time. lol

Hey Guys,

So I have a quick question that will require some suggestions and some feedback. I am pretty sure that everybody on here has different view to things and different budget but any feedback or response will be a great help.

So, say that you are either browsing online or you walk into a store and you find a Predator or Alien Figure that you are absolutely in love with. How much would you be willing to spend to get that in your collection, considering that it is priced at what it would absolutely be worth. For example, if a figure is $250. And what would be the basis of your purchase.

Thanks a lot. (y)

Well I can only say for myself, but if I like a figure or statue I will buy it! Anyway bigger the price tag bigger the brain storm!

It's probably too late to reply on this thread but this is what happened. I had 2 chances of getting the HT berserker pred but ended getting something else. No matter how I liked the figure I just can't splash that kind o money for just one figure. So what did I spend it on? Loads of figures that I know I'm gonna enjoy mostly bought of eBay (Neca, ML, dc etc.). Point is buy it if you know it's gonna make you happy.

It's probably too late to reply on this thread but this is what happened. I had 2 chances of getting the HT berserker pred but ended getting something else. No matter how I liked the figure I just can't splash that kind o money for just one figure. So what did I spend it on? Loads of figures that I know I'm gonna enjoy mostly bought of eBay (Neca, ML, dc etc.). Point is buy it if you know it's gonna make you happy.

100% agree. It all depends upon the budget. But honestly I am just not a big fan of Neca. HT quality is a lot better and finer. IMHO.

I would get on my smart phone, look it up on ebay if its on sale for cheaper. If not just buy it on the spot....
If u really like it and wouldn't be able to sleep without it. (y)

personally i dont pass it up...i may not eat for a week, but at least i know i have it, when it wont show up again

Ive got $hugeK worth of stuff that i have never seen lower than the price i originally paid.

problem, cost wise, with collectables is theyre made in limited quantities and if you miss it the first time, itll cost more the second

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back