will a low temperature make resin kick slower?

LeMarchand

Sr Member
I was wondering if resin will kick slower if it has a low temperature. Asking because i need to fill a 400 cc mold and i currently only have fast setting resin handy and i can't fill the mold fully before the mixed resin starts curing and becomes too thick to fully fill the mold. So, if i put A and B in the fridge and mix them when they have cooled, will i have more time befor it kicks?

Thanks,

MArc

It will work sometimes. I've even read where some people keep a small 'fridge in their workshops just for their resin.

:)

You can also try chilling the silicon mold as well. In theory it should slow the cure process down withthe resin. I know when you heat the mold it accelerates the cureing time.

Scott

<div class='quotetop'>(vaderman1701 @ Jun 15 2006, 04:31 PM) [snapback]1262155[/snapback]</div>
You can also try chilling the silicon mold as well. In theory it should slow the cure process down withthe resin. I know when you heat the mold it accelerates the cureing time.

Scott
[/b]

Hi,

Do not cool your mould in the freezer. I did that once and there was
condens when I casted the resin leaving strange marks on the casting.

Greetings,

BasD

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back