Wife does not like EFX shield have to find Metal that is similar

tc-2917

Now this is a delima i was not expecting! I have an aluminum spun shield that I painted and mounted the brackets did the leather, I luv it and so does my wife. However the bracket keeps popping off. Nothing is holding it. i have tried everything. TRUST ME.

So I ordered the EFX. spent some $$$ it is accurate and lighter than aluminum. My wife HATES it! She says it is cheap and does not have that TING when you thump it.

She wants me to find the EFX accurate equivalent in aluminum. Does anyone make an aluminum shield with an accurate detailed backside?

actually efx is going to produce the Age of ultron version of the shield made of aluminum and the magnetic brackets but even more pricey as much as the kings art version but theirs are a mix of metal and wood

actually efx is going to produce the Age of ultron version of the shield made of aluminum and the magnetic brackets but even more pricey as much as the kings art version but theirs are a mix of metal and wood

The wood part was in reference to the wall mount. The shield itself is full metal.

Where did this Intel come from? And do we have a confirmation on time frame to be pre-ordered?

Where did this Intel come from? And do we have a confirmation on time frame to be pre-ordered?

They did show a prototype during SDCC015.
Given EFX's trackrecord though this should be ready for pre-order after Infinity War part 2 and you will have it in hands long after Chris Evans got recast as Cap.

King Arts is definitely your best option right now.

She does know that they add sound effects after they shoot the movie scenes, right? You almost always don't get the exact sound made of the filming props.

Try Hernon TRUST ME you're brackets won't fall off. Call 'em, they make adhesives stronger than the aluminum you are adhering.

http://www.hernon.com

It smells terrible when using so, mask and outside. This stuff holds planes together

I trust you ... but, I have never really heard of brackets popping off. Couple thoughts:

1) The brackets need to be bent to the same curvature as the shield. If they are not, they may be pulling themselves away.
2) The surface on the shield and the brackets needs to be paint free, and grease free.
3) Using 3M Outdoor Adhesive Tape (20 pound) works best if you line the back of the brackets, warm the tape a bit with a hairdryer and PRESS hard.

If you've been trying to restock them after the tape gave way, it's a lost cause, but doing the above with fresh tape might fix it.

Just hate to see you give up on a good shield :)

Valor

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back