Question why was my thread moved?

Discussion in 'Site Support & News' started by trooper, May 12, 2012.

1. trooper

trooper Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

2. DaddyfromNaboo

DaddyfromNaboo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

1/2 studio scale is not studio scale ;) The details and everything might be there, but if it ain´t studio scale, it usually (!) needs to go into the general modeling section.

Michael
    RPF staff

3. trooper

this is one of steve neills kits of the studio scale ds9 66" model. his is also in studio scale forum.
    though it is half scale to the original 11.25 model, this is a studio scale size as it was used on ds9

i think the way i worded it may have thrown you off ???

4. Montagar

Montagar Legendary Member Community Staff

That would appear to be the case. "1/2 studio scale" reads as the item being 1/2 the size of the actual studio scale model (hence, not studio scale). Please change the thread title and we will move it back, thanks. :thumbsup

5. trooper

it was changed for me without my consent??
    but now it seems at has to read "ds9 studio scale model", just "studio scale" isn't good enough....i would like to point out that Steve has had the same listing for over 1 1/2 years....."Studio Half Scale TOS Enterprise Scratch build" and no has said a thing and was totally OK with it. so why are you guys taken exception to my thread ??????
    you dont want it to say 1/2 studio scale...fine big deal , I'm OK with that, but telling me i have to have it say ds9 studio scale....really???? wow!

6. epilepticsquirl

epilepticsquirl Sr Member

It's simple, someone flagged your thread for moving. The mods, being only three of them, quickly glanced over it and moved it. If someone would've flagged Steve's post it might get the same attention and rename it. It's not like the Mods are targeting you and ignoring others, they're just taking care of the queue as they come up.
    Ive noticed that the studio scale section is rather vocal when it comes to what belongs in there; so if anything it's the communities voice that moved it more than anything.

7. DaddyfromNaboo

DaddyfromNaboo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Just so everybody´s in the know and not only trooper with whom I´ve already discussed this issue, epilepticsquirl has hit it on the head.
    In addition, generally a thread title should be as informative as possible, for future reference and general information. Since in this particular case the Enterprise was only featured in one episode of DS9 it´s not like it´s an "official" Studio Scale Enterprise from the TOS, which a lot of people might think upon reading the thread title. I still don´t know what native Americans have to do with all of this, but hey, sometimes you gotta roll with it :p

Michael
    RPF staff