Why is this Vader Flash Handle brass colored?

looks like a botched weathering job with baked on olive oil or somebody tried to shine up the finish with shellac which yellowed. hard to tell with pictures. is the chrome eaten away or is that grip adhesive covered with yellowing crap?

That thing really worth it in my opinion <3, it's a unique mysterious replica and it looks really old and beaten, just like the real deal. Congratulations. You might not be able to bring the chrome back but I think that stuff looks really cool in it's current state. If you plan to sell it back, please let me know ;).

My two cents everyone.

A Parks replica is a very good guess. It's very close, I don't know if Parks changed minor manufacturing things throughout all the MPP Replicas he made. I have an original Parks, I'll have to dig it out and take close up pictures.

For the chrome to have come off that much, and with that much tarnish, my guess is this is at least 10 if not more years old. This could also be a Yoda's House, or Blast Tech MPP replica. He definitely made MPP parts, and i thought he offered full replicas at some point through the site.

If there was more damage to the endcap, I would suggest a Heiland mount embedded in an old Heiland endcap

i have a parks 15 plus years old and shows no tarnish whatsoever. i think it was a botched weathering job now that i've seen some other clues in a recent post ( the "real deal" didn't look like somebody burnt mom's pan leaving it unattended that i remember).

back when i was buying graflexes on ebay when the price was getting out of hand( 75 dollars!), i got an old beat up one that was yellowed by shellac.

Last edited:
Man I can’t even find them on way back machine. Marco Enterprises still has parts j eBay - but I am no help here I guess lol
Parks almost for sure, could be older

I agree on the botched weathering job

The calculator bubbles look like Parks' to me. His bubbles were maybe a little bit bigger/not squished together as much as real Exactra bubbles and other replicas.
This made the first and last bubble flush with the cut, whereas other bubbles in a MPP clamp often have a little bit of a lip left at one edge.

But I thought the Parks MPP only came with black side-bars with straight sides: these are trapezoidal and silver. There were however replacement side-bars from Blast-Tech and others back in the day, and it is not inconceivable that someone could make their own.

Last edited:
The calculator bubbles look like Parks' to me. His bubbles were maybe a little bit bigger/not squished together as much as real Exactra bubbles and other replicas.
This made the first and last bubble flush with the cut, whereas other bubbles in a MPP clamp often have a little bit of a lip left at one edge.

But I thought the Parks MPP only came with black side-bars with straight sides: these are trapezoidal and silver. There were however replacement side-bars from Blast-Tech and others back in the day, and it is not inconceivable that someone could make their own.

Digging out my Parks’ MPP again, for comparison.

Mine has both angled silver side bars AND the stock Park’s bubble strip is a dead ringer for bubble strip of the hilt in question. And, you are correct, the cut of Parks’ bubble strips—which were a stock accessory that you received with his MPPs—are somewhat unique to his manufacturing methods.

2771D164-14A8-4BD2-9029-6BD9212208A3.jpeg
F4A226D6-2082-4622-8796-CAB7B60EC6EF.jpeg

F117367A-5123-4348-BF4A-85018BE48D4A.jpeg

Again…my conclusion is this a Parks’ replica MPP.

Last edited:
That thing really worth it in my opinion <3, it's a unique mysterious replica and it looks really old and beaten, just like the real deal. Congratulations. You might not be able to bring the chrome back but I think that stuff looks really cool in it's current state. If you plan to sell it back, please let me know ;).
I’d be happy to pass it off to you if you’re interested! Just PM me. It really does feel like a relic saber in hand.

Thanks for all the help, y’all! I bought it in a Star Wars junk sale of sorts and was baffled by it. Your insight and expertise has been appreciated.

It would make an interesting replica of Vader’s ROTJ lightsaber…after being found among the destroyed bits of the Death Star II

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back