Question Why is there no Star Trek category in the "Popular Franchises" section?

Once they did the dedicated sections for Star Wars and a few others I thought it was only a matter of time before Star Trek got one too, but it appears that isn't happening anytime soon. I know this has been brought up before but it seems like Trek isn't getting too much love here.

This is what I thought as well. The number of Iron Man threads got ridiculous at one point. I just don't see many threads on Star Trek in the regular forums. Maybe that's the reason. The predator and Halo ones are actually links to other sites. I have no idea why there is a Judge Dredd section.

I'm willing to bet that changes once Discovery debuts. There are quite a few there already, it's just that other movies and T.V. shows are either fresh in the mind or coming soon. The fact that this was a Star Wars board first probably has something to do with it. Even though it's now called "The Replica Prop Forum" most people might not bother posting on or even check this site when it comes to Star Trek stuff since there's no dedicated section and that they feel there's a bias towards it.

Regrading "Judge Dredd" (for the billionth time ;)), that section was created as a test and will be folded back into the props & costuming sections once we move to the new software platform. As far as Predator & Halo... click the links and you will find that you are taken to a completely separate website, so we did not create sub-forums for them, we just took over existing websites and added links to them on the RPF.

At the time that we decided to create the separate franchise sections, Marvel, Star Wars & DC constituted the vast majority of active threads.

As to the question of creating a Star Trek section... we have no immediate plans to do so but that is not to say that it will never happen (purposely vague and non-committal response :lol).

Regrading "Judge Dredd" (for the billionth time ;)), that section was created as a test and will be folded back into the props & costuming sections once we move to the new software platform. As far as Predator & Halo... click the links and you will find that you are taken to a completely separate website, so we did not create sub-forums for them, we just took over existing websites and added links to them on the RPF.

At the time that we decided to create the separate franchise sections, Marvel, Star Wars & DC constituted the vast majority of active threads.

As to the question of creating a Star Trek section... we have no immediate plans to do so but that is not to say that it will never happen (purposely vague and non-committal response :lol).

Thanks for the Maybe one day response. :lol

Thanks for the Maybe one day response. :lol

"Maybe one day" was the response the last time this question was asked a few years ago. The hope was a Star Trek category would help foster more discussion here. However, with no way to easily isolate it, new Star Trek content has been moving more and more to the Fleet Workshop and TPZ (both with a Trek-specific focus) - this has had somewhat of a snowball effect and it has become difficult to sustain much of any discussion or interest here as Trek contributors shift to the other sites. TFW is flourishing - check it out :)

Last edited:
"Maybe one day" was the response the last time this question was asked a few years ago. The hope was a Star Trek category would help foster more discussion here. However, with no way to easily isolate it, new Star Trek content has been moving more and more to the Fleet Workshop and TPZ (both with a Trek-specific focus) - this has had somewhat of a snowball effect and it has become difficult to sustain much of any discussion or interest here as Trek contributors shift to the other sites. TFW is flourishing - check it out :)

I'll check it out even though I don't like the format of that site. There seems to be a decent amount of ST threads here and I believe more people would come here if it had it's own section.

Agreed! I think I was the one that started the last thread on this - So I'm glad to see this much interest this time!

I love me some Battlestar Wars.

silly-Spock2.jpg

I'm all for a Star Trek section. Not sure I understand why there isn't one already. It's a major franchise, spanning multiple TV shows and films... and hundreds of props.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back