Why Is Predator Wolf Collections So Expensive?

Prednuttie

I noticed the HOT TOYS versions, the bigger boxes and on ebay or anywhere else Predator Wolf costs so expensive. What gives? They don't make these anymore or something? He's a badass in the movie but unfortunately the movie was horrible especially the ending. Why would it have value? Anyone? Makes me wonder because other Preds from Sideshow are at a regular appropriate price compared to WOLF!

What specifically are you referring to? Do you mean the Hot Toys' Wolf-Predator, the Cleaner Wolf edition, or the Wolf Helmet? I could see the "Cleaner" being a bit more expensive, because of it's limited availability.

All of the Hot Toys Predators are expensive. Especially the AvP characters. I've seen those go upwards into thousands of dollars. The same can be said for the Predator 2 Elder, Grayback. The whole Predator hobby- whether you're a prop collector, suit-maker, or whatever, it can get expensive really, really fast. If you're into the Hot Toys, I'd suggest finding a local vendor, or a shop on Ebay that deals with collector pieces like Hot Toys. Avoid private sellers, as they tend to mark stuff up to ridiculous figures. These things are only worth what some are willing to pay. I also think that Ebay is a good example of the "greed" side of this hobby.

Also, what do you mean by an appropriate price? SideShow's stuff is expensive as well, man. In my experience, the dollar amount doesn't compare to what you actually receive - whether it's paint application, or quality of the cast. The new Hot Toys' Shadow Predator is too much money in my opinion. My best advice is to get a feel for the hobby, and shop around wisely.

I really want these AVP Requirem WOLF sideshow collectiables but problem is they are priced on Ebay too high and it's very hard to find who to trust and bid on. You know any legit websites that sell them and don't rip the customer off? I'll have to google around. I know i ain't gonna expect a low price unfortunately as much i want to!

Prednuttie, sent you a message on the Hot Toys AVPR wolf. By the way, is there a proper market place here? or can I just start a topic?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back