Why is my resin sweating?

It looks like Silpak's website has been suspended so I can't check them out at the moment.

Does anyone have their phone number?

the resin kicking will heat up the mold too, so after a few pulls the mold will be warmer if you aren't waiting very long.

that makes a fast resin kick even faster, which can make a mold that has to be poured slow and manhandled a REAL pain to keep up with.

my smooth-on resin was so old I had to STRAIN it while pouring it into the cups.

still worked like it was supposed to....unfortunately, it was the fast stuff. :lol

I have had problems before with the slow stuff getting alot more pinholes from "foaming" when it starts to kick and heat up. even in pressure casts.
but that was with very high humidity days.

and I've had weeping problems with the 305 too, and it was brand new (but who knows how long it sat at the distributor) but it was fine with tiny parts and open mold casts.

These are the numbers I have: Silpak (818)985-8850 & (909)625-0056

Originally posted by blufive@Mar 13 2006, 04:41 AM
It looks like Silpak's website has been suspended so I can't check them out at the moment.

Does anyone have their phone number?
[snapback]1204700[/snapback]​

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back