Why does Sean Bean die so much?

Flecktarn92

Honestly it's almost like the producers of movies say something like:

"Hey we got this script here and this one guy dies who should play him"
"Oh Sean Bean, he's a pro at that!"

It's hilarious.

Honestly though his live to death ration is something close to 2:1. Of all the films, games and plays he's died about 22 times while living through about 47. He may be the biggest actor who often ends up dead.

Any theories on this? Is it that he just has a face you see and be like "yup he's a goner".

Is there someone who's died more than him.

I just thought it was a funny discussion starter.

I tell you one thing. When I first saw GoldenEye I knew he wasn't dead at the beginning because he was Number 3 in the credits. The Number 3 guy in the credits never dies in the first ten minutes. How dumb do they think we are?

"The man is a walking spoiler" to quote one of the Hitler parody videos.
There was a time when Bill Paxton had a hard time making it to the closing credits, but he seems to have gotten past that for the most part.

I tell you one thing. When I first saw GoldenEye I knew he wasn't dead at the beginning because he was Number 3 in the credits. The Number 3 guy in the credits never dies in the first ten minutes. How dumb do they think we are?

Except Janet Leigh. Hitchcock totally got us with that one...

Even as a child, Sean has had one life goal, to prove the stereotype of the black guy always dying in the movie wrong by becoming the greatest death actor ever! As you can see, he never proved anything but till this day continues to chase after his dreams. Way to go Sean! No THAT'S a go getter!

the stereotype of the black guy always dying in the movie

So I'm sure you're having some fun here, and in that vein I present...

Paul Winfield. :)

PaulWinfield%26Roaches.jpg

"Damnation Alley": Keegan

18575-18157.gif

ST:II "TWOK": Captain Terrell

18575-19124.gif

"The Terminator": Lt. Traxler (Don't give me the deleted scene; he was shot. He's dead Jim. ;) )

350x335px-LL-b15fc3c8_501px-Dathon.jpeg

ST:TNG "Darmok": Captain Dathon

18575-22249.gif

"Mars Attacks": Lt Gen. Casey

I'm sure there are more films in which he bought the farm. ;) :lol

Kevin

Why'd he die so much? Karmic balance for the Sharpe series. There were, like, 14 100-min episodes where he somehow managed to survive through the Napoleonic wars. You make it through all of that, you better bet the universe is gonna balance it out for ya. ;)

Also, perhaps because Liam Neeson was unavailable now that he's busy chasing after guys who stole his daughter/identity/wife/etc.

So I'm sure you're having some fun here, and in that vein I present...

Paul Winfield. :)

PaulWinfield%26Roaches.jpg

"Damnation Alley": Keegan

18575-18157.gif

ST:II "TWOK": Captain Terrell

18575-19124.gif

"The Terminator": Lt. Traxler (Don't give me the deleted scene; he was shot. He's dead Jim. ;) )

350x335px-LL-b15fc3c8_501px-Dathon.jpeg

ST:TNG "Darmok": Captain Dathon

18575-22249.gif

"Mars Attacks": Lt Gen. Casey

I'm sure there are more films in which he bought the farm. ;) :lol

Kevin
Even in transformers Jazz, 1st robot kill lol.

:lol :lol fun thread!

Just watched him die about ten minutes ago!!

Somewhere there's a fake 'Game of Thrones' cover/poster titled "Game of Thrones: Don't get too attached"

I see that Bean is playing the king in "Mirror, Mirror" the Snow White movie with Julia Roberts, opening this weekend.

I don't feel good about his chances.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back