Question Why can't we sell Movie Related Guns of this Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boba Debt

Master Member
I don’t understand why selling iconic movie related guns is prohibited on this forum.

It's perfectly legal to sell guns over the internet and as long as all of the laws are followed I don’t see what the problem would be.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you aEr referring to REAL firearms, I would have to imagine that Art doesn't want to take on the potential liability, should something go "wrong".

It's perfectly legal to sell guns over the internet and as long as all of the laws are followed I don’t see what the problem would be.

I think the fact that the laws involving it are very different from country to country and this is an international forum the Mods just figured better safe than sorry.

Even here in Canada I've purchased quite a few guns from online sources, they've all been firearm sites though.

I don’t understand why selling iconic movie related guns is prohibited on this forum.

I imagine that's one big problem right there, there are people on this forum who can't follow the rules selling bits of resin and plastic let alone firearms.
Only takes one idiot and Art could have a major legal headache on his hands.

International are too complicated so that would be out.

And if a seller is stupid enough to not follow the USA laws for selling a gun they probably don't own one to sell in the first place.

I have sold many guns via the internet and never had a problem.

You just can't sell a gun to anyone. It must be sent to an FFL and they in turn sign it over to the buyer for a fee. Once the FFL has the gun it is their responsibility to ensure that all local laws are followed.

This seems to be a case of people being ignorant of the process.

And to say that this is a liability for Art or this forum is ridiculous and ironic.

It is completely legal to sell fire arms on the internet.

Hmm...I just looked at eBay, perhaps arguably the largest online selling site, and it seems they have some pretty big restrictions too.

Question: do the rules here prevent one from posting awareness of a movie firearm at another site?

Ergo, hey I have a real rambo gun for sale over here : www.mybigguns.com if anyone is interested??

Seems to me that generating awareness about a cool movie gun is related to rpf interest, while avoiding any hosting of sale stuff??

Just a thought.

I'm a VERY pro 2nd amendment guy, but I can completely understand Art's concerns in our incredibily litigious society. Many sites I visit won't allow the sale of anything more dangerous than a spoon! Come to think of it, as much as I might enjoy the idea of a new source of super-happy-funtime-boomsticks,...the idea of some fool just shoving a Sig into a box and dropping it off at USPS, where (with my luck) the Feds would track it to both the seller and myself, sounds like a FAR greater headache than I wish to contend with.

And if a seller is stupid enough to not follow the USA laws for selling a gun they probably don't own one to sell in the first place.

Went to a tag sale once. A woman was selling off her fathers estate.

There was some college age kid about to purchase three old small caliber revolvers from her, literally handing over the money.

I asked, "is that legal?" although I new the answer I went on to explain how I was pretty sure that the transaction taking place was not kosher for various reasons, No pistol permit, FFL, 10 day wait, etc.

She thought twice handed back the money & put the guns in the house.

Boy did I get some dirty looks from the kid.

Bottom line is that someone can be in possession of a gun (not own a gun) and think they can sell it not knowing the laws.

I live in Sweden where we have very strict laws when it comes to selling, buying and owning firearms. And for me there is also a very big difference between a replica movie prop and a real gun. I think that if this site turned into a gunshop where people buy and sell real guns I probably wouldn't last long on this forum. It's just goes against some basic principles I have. Don't know how many people feel the way I do though...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

And to say that this is a liability for Art or this forum is ridiculous and ironic.

Till, for example, a twit shoots someone with a gun purchased on the RPF, and their relatives partly blame the RPF for facilitating the sale of the weapon, as Art is not an authorised dealer.

Nonsensical ? Oh yes, 100%.

Can it happen ? In this day and age of increasing lunacy, heck yes. Takes a couple of bucks to engage the services of a lawyer who will write anything, to anyone, so long as there is ca-ching in the pocket.

Would anything happen to the RPF ? No.

Can Art be bothered to have to deal with it in the first place ? I think not.

That is the point.

What are you looking to sell? :love

BTW, would it be kosher to post a link in the JY for an auction you had at a legal site like gunbroker.com for instance?

I've sold two handguns in state to private buyers, but both times I advertised on the internet. I followed all the rules, etc. but even if I hadn't and I violated the law, I can't see how the forum would be responsible. Having said that, this place is already a beehive of intellectual property theft, so maybe the less potential legal attention, the better :lol

You just can't sell a gun to anyone. It must be sent to an FFL and they in turn sign it over to the buyer for a fee.
Huh? Maybe in a backward state. I legally bought a gun out the the back of the truck in a parking lot a few weeks back. Fully legal.

And to say that is very naive and shortsighted considering the overly litigious world in which we live.

David, as you know, there are plenty of sites that gladly allow you to sell functional firearms. We aren't one of them. That is it in a nutshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back