Why can’t I find a lousy crane fly? Jurassic Park failure, with picture. HELP a prop brother out.

NakedMoleRat

Master Member
I live in Phoenix and apparently they are supposed to be everywhere. But for the life of me I have not come across any! I badly want to make a Jurassic Park cane, but can’t find a crane!

Can anyone gather a few for me where you live and ship them to me?

Last edited:
I found one, ONE fly in a spider web at work, put it in too soon while the resin was too fluid and decided to set a 30 minute timer so that I could reposition it, didn't realize that the amber dye accelerated the curing process. Poop! I NEED more flies.

0588E2D9-14D2-4F6D-A1B4-3F2132C113DE.jpeg

I read this subject line and laughed out loud. I'm having the exact same problem (I'm in Melbourne, Australia) Apparently, they're everywhere. Even asked the bug guest the museum if they had any spare.

Let me know how you go

There used to ALWAYS be one or two hanging around my front door. A few years ago I caught a couple to make JP amber, and all the crane flies in the world must have heard about it, because they've never been back!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back