why call a hybid????

jasp

looking through hot toys & found the predalien with this quote,"Hot Toys completes its latest Movie Masterpiece offering with the Alien vs. Predator Requiem: Alien model kit. This is the hybrid of Predator and Alien – born aboard a spaceship (literally bursting out of a Predator’s body) before making an emergency landing on earth.",my questions are these???
(1)why is it there only call the predalien a hybrid???what does this make all the other aliens??i.e the dog alien,the human alien & the cow alien ???the creatures are just the hosts for the aliens inside......
(2).why is it all the aliens that popped out of all the victims in AVP-r where just human aliens & not predaliens??as really the eggs where put inside the host by the predalien like the facehugger does, so all the aliens should be part human part alien part pred......oh am i wrong????

avpr_predalien_4.jpg

hansingdogalien2.jpg

human_alien.jpg

1.I guess those aliens can be called "hybrids" to
2.The host must be a predator or else no predalien will be spawned I guess

1.I guess those aliens can be called "hybrids" to
2.The host must be a predator or else no predalien will be spawned I guess
so i'm guessing that i've answered the 2nd question then,the eggs where put in the host (human) so the alien coming out would just be alien human.....

Alien/Human? Do you mean like in Alien 4??,All the aliens in AVPR where just warriors

so i'm guessing that i've answered the 2nd question then,the eggs where put in the host (human) so the alien coming out would just be alien human.....

It shouldn't be called a hybrid.... it is an alien with far too much pred influence added on imo, i like the design but not in the context it was used.... Hollywood hey

As for as I understand the function of the xenomorph biology when the facehugger implants the embryo in a host it takes on the genetic characteristics of the host, ie...human, dog, elephant, predator, whatever..... That would technically make the resulting spawn a "hybrid" of the alien and whatever was it's host. Now as for the whole predalien impregnation thing. Well I can not really comment or provide and information as to the who's and why's on that as the entire thing was complete and utter BS anyway. It did not hold with any other storyline in the comics, novels or anything else. That is of course also basing it off the fact that in the predator culture it is the greatest sacrileges to allow a "predalien" to be born. So it should have never happened in the first place because when the AVP pred woke up after the facehugger got him he should have set his bomb off right then.

As for as I understand the function of the xenomorph biology when the facehugger implants the embryo in a host it takes on the genetic characteristics of the host, ie...human, dog, elephant, predator, whatever..... That would technically make the resulting spawn a "hybrid" of the alien and whatever was it's host. Now as for the whole predalien impregnation thing. Well I can not really comment or provide and information as to the who's and why's on that as the entire thing was complete and utter BS anyway. It did not hold with any other storyline in the comics, novels or anything else. That is of course also basing it off the fact that in the predator culture it is the greatest sacrileges to allow a "predalien" to be born. So it should have never happened in the first place because when the AVP pred woke up after the facehugger got him he should have set his bomb off right then.
dude! very good point/s. i always fail to mention, but never forget, just how dumb it is to begin with, that even if the pred awoke without memory of what happened (apparently does happen in the "alien" world) and made it onto the ship dead or alive, there shoulda been at least one ******* predator notice, with all his vision modes, that there's something in scar's chest... or maybe since predaliens are in that strange spectrum (supposedly) that every pred on that ship just dropped the ball by not checking... i don't think the lost hunters woulda let that happen... "just dodn't make sense"...

dude! very good point/s. i always fail to mention, but never forget, just how dumb it is to begin with, that even if the pred awoke without memory of what happened (apparently does happen in the "alien" world) and made it onto the ship dead or alive, there shoulda been at least one ******* predator notice, with all his vision modes, that there's something in scar's chest... or maybe since predaliens are in that strange spectrum (supposedly) that every pred on that ship just dropped the ball by not checking... i don't think the lost hunters woulda let that happen... "just dodn't make sense"...

So f--- true why could not a single pred spot that thing in scars chest before entering the ship lmao

I think we call it a hybrid because just predalien sounds generic and remember the giger alien and correct me if I'm wrong but before people knew it was a drone alien people probably thought that was a hybrid.Now I guess people wouldn't say that now because it is just a generic villian.If you call it a hybrid it stands apart from the crowd and seems a tad bit more menacing.And thats comparing it to the 10 shitloads of drones that were in AVP-R so I think simply it sets it apart from the crowd.

On the Alien coming from the predalien.I belive that since the aliens take certain traits it would surely take some from the humans.Now do children look EXACTLY like the parents.No but have similar traits so mabye some things like ripping skulls while not scene in AVP-R could actually have been what some did considering the mom was the predalien.Or it could be that the predalien pukes generic alien jizz and that they would still take humans traits.To me both explanations work.And actually if you look at the new AVP game aliens will ocasionally rip off heads so assumeing they came from the predalien cause they have some of the parent traits.

I think we call it a hybrid because just predalien sounds generic and remember the giger alien and correct me if I'm wrong but before people knew it was a drone alien people probably thought that was a hybrid.Now I guess people wouldn't say that now because it is just a generic villian.If you call it a hybrid it stands apart from the crowd and seems a tad bit more menacing.And thats comparing it to the 10 shitloads of drones that were in AVP-R so I think simply it sets it apart from the crowd.

On the Alien coming from the predalien.I belive that since the aliens take certain traits it would surely take some from the humans.Now do children look EXACTLY like the parents.No but have similar traits so mabye some things like ripping skulls while not scene in AVP-R could actually have been what some did considering the mom was the predalien.Or it could be that the predalien pukes generic alien jizz and that they would still take humans traits.To me both explanations work.And actually if you look at the new AVP game aliens will ocasionally rip off heads so assumeing they came from the predalien cause they have some of the parent traits.

Exactly the inherit the parents traits like you mentioned about the Predalien in the new AVP game for example

i'm all for aliens ripping heads if they so feel inclined. the fact of the matter is is the predalien would have been so much cooler and more acceptable if they would've shown it tearing the skins off a couple predators, and if the spawn from this hybrid, had anything goin on besides alien ****, not that alien= ****, i'm just saying, if that movie would've been full of extra-strong, extra-mandibled hybrid aliens, like it should've been, then we would've had a slightly different/better movie. sure the acting still would've condemned it to failure, but the rest would've been improved... sorry forgot what the point of all that was...

Yeah, I think they should have left the part of Wolf finding the Preds that the Predalien skinned in the ship.

I like the idea of the Predalien taking on traits like that.

They showed it ripping the skull out of the cook, so why not some other Predator type actions.

You're reading too much into the term "hybrid"... It's a broad term referring to a mutant of two originals. Just like a Liger is the offspring of a male lion/female tiger or a Tigon that of a male tiger/female lion, they are both hybrids, but have actual "species" names. So, the dog alien, is indeed a hybrid, perhaps Xeno-pooch, just like the Predalien.

As for the characteristics, the facehugger plants an embryo that would take on the host characteristics... The Predalien queen was likely implanting already developed eggs that only need a safe host to develop. Just like the Tarantula Hawk, a big nasty wasp that hunts tarantulas, immobilizes them, drags them into a hole and lays her egg on the spider. When the larva hatches, it feeds on the still living (but paralized) spider until adulthood. So my guess is that the Predalien eggs would not take on the host characteristics like the facehugger embryo would.

The problem with my theory is why don't facehugger embryos take on the human form when implanted in humans? ... guess Hollywood just didn't think that one through.

but in Alien3 remastered the facehugger gets a cow and still becomes a runner

i know humans = warrior or drone
dogs or four legged animals =runners
other animals = dunno
yautja = predalien

A better question is why does the pred-alien spawning embryos magically? The queens produce the eggs > the face huggers produce the embryo to live inside of a host. The pred-alien just skipped those steps and said hey i'm putting this in you so enjoy. WTF horrible movie.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back