Why are the new preds such pansies?

hez1

So I mentioned this in my P2 thread, but I think it deserves discussion on its own. RR can twitter on all he wants about his ipod predators being total galactic badasses, but at the end of the day, the body count is not in their favor. I was doing some calculating, and this is what I came up with:

P1 - Hawkins, Poncho, Mac, Blain, Billy, Dillon, Jim Hopper and his team. All in all probably a dozen heavily armed, well trained men. At least.
P2 - Keyes & his team, Danny, Jerry, King Willie, Jamaican Gang, Columbian Gang (both gangs heavily armed and in close quarters).
Underbite - Stans. Seriously, that's it. A guy with a knife.
Falconer - Hanzo. At least Hanzo had a sword, but he took Falconer with him.
Tusky - Noland, Nikolai. Noland was unarmed here. He barely counts.

OK, so Underbite also took down the P1 style pred, but seriously, how much of a challenge is that going to have been when P1 has been hanging from a pillar for who knows how long, no food or water, and whatever injuries he took when being captured in the first place?

This is why we need to get away from the multiple preds scenario, it's making them look kind of pathetic. Ultimate hunters my ass.

So I mentioned this in my P2 thread, but I think it deserves discussion on its own. RR can twitter on all he wants about his ipod predators being total galactic badasses, but at the end of the day, the body count is not in their favor. I was doing some calculating, and this is what I came up with:

P1 - Hawkins, Poncho, Mac, Blain, Billy, Dillon, Jim Hopper and his team. All in all probably a dozen heavily armed, well trained men. At least.
P2 - Keyes & his team, Danny, Jerry, King Willie, Jamaican Gang, Columbian Gang (both gangs heavily armed and in close quarters).

OK, so Underbite also took down the P1 style pred, but seriously, how much of a challenge is that going to have been when P1 has been hanging from a pillar for who knows how long, no food or water, and whatever injuries he took when being captured in the first place?

This is why we need to get away from the multiple preds scenario, it's making them look kind of pathetic. Ultimate hunters my ass.
P1 was trapped and tied by the humans, then got beat up by the new preds it's in the new prequel comic :)

This was my main complaint with the film, the preds died far too easily. I like the multiple preds onscreen but more advisaries are needed i think to make it work.... alot more! Mr black looked great when bio'd up, very men, but as you say he achieved nothing, even beating the classic style wasn't convincing, the other guy should have won. His death was rubbish also, two decapitated preds??

Stans had a shiv not a knife. :)

Nikolai killed himself, Tusky didn't technically do it.

I'm thinking this is really just reinforcing your point.

P1 was trapped and tied by the humans, then got beat up by the new preds it's in the new prequel comic :)
This is true Cyber he was captured by the human that had died how funny that I just remember that now. I guess I would have to agree with Hez on this one we no longer have the badass PREDATORS that we love except P1, P2, Wolf, MAYBE Celtic and Scar again that is a big MAYBE.

Sorry Derek but P2 killed more than any1 else including Keyes and his team that knew where he was and were hunting him :D

Sorry Byran P2 killed Keyes and his team, six guys in boiler suits with freeze guns...lol come on
Yeah they knew where he was but so did P2, and when it ame down it keyes team were pathetic in defending themselves, thats what happens when u have a baldwin watching ur back lol
P2 also killed a bunch of cops with handguns and some punks and commuters on a subway all with handguns and knives
and a bunch of outta thier heads drug traffickers who probably couldnt even shoot straight as the scorpio so aptly demonstrated. Look its clear P1 had the most dangerous quarry, 2 special ops teams and geurilla forces.

Danny glover and co can compete with that, in saying that P2 did have an impressive trophy cabinet..but ill bet P1's was bigger :) :D

oh yeah, almost forgot what really annoyed me about P2..Danny glover cut his arm off and he ran away back to his ship like a scared little puppy with his tail between his legs and then the ageing cop finished him off..i think the elder gave the gun at the end to danny as an apolgy.. "sorry it was his first hunt, no hard feelings huh? "

pissing you off yet b? lol

Dont know if it has to do with the times we are in now, but maybe these weirdo directors and writers want to give people watching these movies hope, if the badass creatures that they knew 20 years ago were beaten with kitchen utensils and the " will to live"

Im seeing that in some movies now and its pissing me off....... just my two cents.

Great Topic!

The P1 did take out Jim Hoppers Special Ops group as well. But don't forget that the new ones also defeated another Predator before the movie [the Predator skull]. Also, there is the huge body hanging there and more predator skins at the camp as well. There are also multiple skulls around the camp too.

I'm not taking anything away from P1.

I do like seeing multiple preds in a movie, but here's how i view it: AVP multiple preds sucked--Predators preds were pretty good, now let's hope they get it right the next time.

Great Topic!

The P1 did take out Jim Hoppers Special Ops group as well. But don't forget that the new ones also defeated another Predator before the movie [the Predator skull]. Also, there is the huge body hanging there and more predator skins at the camp as well. There are also multiple skulls around the camp too.

I'm not taking anything away from P1.

I do like seeing multiple preds in a movie, but here's how i view it: AVP multiple preds sucked--Predators preds were pretty good, now let's hope they get it right the next time.

They do the same thing with ninjas... 1 ninja a unstoppable killing force but if you get 5 of the same ninjas they die way too fast. I guess having more then 1 hunter makes them less awsome. Indeed let's hope in the next movie the predator wins so we can see him go through the right of passage ceremony.

Hi everyone,
New to the forum but must say been a fan of alien and preds since i can remember. More than likely one of the first movies ever saw and to be honest, loved the new preds. Thats why we anticipate the sequel. First movie to introduce and second to really bring out all the awesome features. Dont want to over due the movie plus all the humans and P1 died except two, thats still a plus in my book. Just glad to see a better flick than the last two. :)

thats what happens when u have a baldwin watching ur back lol

How dare you diss the Baldwin :)

jaynecobb.jpg

He didnt have a great character to be fair, Jayne Cobb on the other hand is genius!! "Thats why i never kiss em on the mouth"

Am I the only one who actually liked AVP?

seems so, it had some good points mind... the ship design, the bio's, the set, celtics fight (up until the end result) and the queen! but on the whole it wasnt brilliant. Now i think about it though, scar, chopper and celtic dispossed of a security force with very little effort which is more than the super duper ipod predators did!! they did have the weather on their side mind.

I didn't like AVP at all, but I have to say, it was a lot better than the new RR movie and his lame bobble head predators.

P1 all the way kids, tougher environment to kill in, killed special forces who are trained for that kind of environment, they all had rifles,mini-gun and grenade launcher.

But it doesnt matter really,cause Arnie would kill any Predator.

I think I was the only person in the theater watching Predators who was rooting for the Predators to win against the humans. Everyone else there was cheering on the humans, and here I was almost moved to tears when watching the Predators die.

Of course, I was the only one in the theater suited up in a Predator outfit, but then I'm weird that way.

Maybe there's something about the number of Predators that can be featured in a movie and how fast they can die off. In the first Predator, for example, the main Predator needs to live through almost the entire film, until he detonates the wrist computer. In AVP, Celtic and Chopper could be killed off midway through the movie, leaving Scar to carry things through until the end, when he got defeated by a bug. (Were there other youngbloods on the hunt in AVP? Or were there elders watching? I don't remember too well.)

With Predators, having four main Predator characters meant that they had to space out the Predator deaths -- and they had to space out the human deaths as well. If they had made the Super Predators very tough to kill, for example, then the film would have been 2 1/2 hours long, and you really can't do that in a summer action flick.

By the way, the whole Predalien thing could have been avoided if Scar hadn't let himself get attacked by a facehugger. It probably wasn't a good decision for him to take the biohelmet off and mark himself with xenomorph blood while there were still Aliens running around attacking.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back