Who's your PAL?

Gary Weaver II

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
First test castings out of the mold tonight. I still need to try the flexible urethane buttons. I don't see any problems with them, but you never know...

palrep01.jpg

Oh... real on on the left. Replica on the right.

palrep02.jpg
]

As you can see they are good and hollow. On these test castings the mold spread apart in the middle so the grill has to be dremeled out on the inside a tad *about 1/16" or less. I can fix that on later castings.

palrep03.jpg

The replica switch - inside and outside.

palrep04.jpg

palrep05.jpg

On and off the replica PAL.

On the plus side, I set up the mold so I can do a hollow cast or a solid cast without too much effort. Heros and stunts baby... Of course, I have the feeling I'm going to need to make at least another two or three molds :)

More info as I get further along this weekend. I have NO idea as to pricing at the moment. I still need to test the flexible buttons. I'm concerened that they may be too thin for the flexible urethane to properly set. If those can't be done, they will EVENTUALLY be offered with solid resin ones or a solid flexible urethane button.

As always - more as this develops.

Stay shiny...

-Gary

Re: Who's your PAL?

Mega Interested in purchasing a kit, or already made up kit. Been searching for ages, dead ends everytime. Please help, I've contacted bradleyfett to no avail.

Re: Who's your PAL?

That explains the oddball pm I got yesterday. Truth be told, I think that mold is long since dead and gone.

Gary

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back