Who's making a nice droid caller these day?

Unfated

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Who is making a nice droid caller that is not super expensive? I bought a real nice set of files on etsy and
printed one, but it just not quite up to snuff. Painted silver 3D printed items never really look like real metal.
I had to distress/dirty up the caller so much to make it look good. I wanted the Anovos droid caller, but that
will probably never come out.

Dark Energy Creations does. Here's mine

IMG_6666_zpsjogvzqls.jpg

IMG_6665_zpshsejliyu.jpg

IMG_6664_zpsu2gudqle.jpg

Great for Han droid caller!

Try sending Dave an email. He may have parts to put one together or could tell you when he may run them again. I have several Kobolds and Dave’s kit is really awesome!

It’s such a great kit. Super easy to build and baking on the crinkle paint was a first and satisfying process.

I know some people even incorporated the Kobold logo but I am more of an idealized replica collector. However those that did it came out very nice too.

I emailed with Dave about them last week and he told me he can't make anymore for a few more months, so I've just been patiently waiting. teecrooz , I might be interested if the OP isn't.

I bought a resin kit on E-bay a couple of years ago.
Pretty sure this is the one...

It turned out pretty good I think.
I used a small automotive light bulb to replace the sensor on the side.

Cheers
Steven

Attachments

• IMG_3967.JPG
    IMG_3967.JPG
    323.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3968.JPG
    IMG_3968.JPG
    337.4 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_3969.JPG
    IMG_3969.JPG
    276.9 KB · Views: 130
Where did you get those tiny gold/brass inserts for the four holes in the back?

I took one of my real Kobolds down to the model train store and got a 1’ of brass tubing. I opened the DEC holes up and glued in pieces. Work great and looks just like real ones.

I was going to build one from scratch but if Dark Energy Creations is doing another run I'm in to pick up two! This is one of my favorite SW props.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back