Who's got a Lifesize Jawa...?

darthwhitey

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
With the popularity of all the OT characters, I'm kinda surprised there aren't more Lifesize Jawas out there?!

Seems to check a lot of boxes...

1. lovable fan favorite
2. no crazy details
3. mostly only soft parts and light up eyes
4. a small build and statue that doesn't take up a lot of room

It looks like some members here have taken a crack at a build, but most of them are 10+ years old.

I want one like this!...

Anybody know of anybody making them?

Why aren't there more out there?!

Fantastic Jawas and wonderful to work with. Incredibly sweet. I feel pics don't do her Jawas justice. Beyond happy with mine. Also she can make any size, custom, etc. Great price as well.

"The Mother of Jawas"
- Maker of over 300 jawas for my amazing customers!
- For photos and reviews please visit www.facebook.com/motherofjawas

Fantastic Jawas and wonderful to work with. Incredibly sweet. I feel pics don't do her Jawas justice. Beyond happy with mine. Also she can make any size, custom, etc. Great price as well.

"The Mother of Jawas"
- Maker of over 300 jawas for my amazing customers!
- For photos and reviews please visit www.facebook.com/motherofjawas

This is great. Thanks for the link. I’ve contacted her to get some details. It looks like she makes them for many people to wear, but I’m sure she can make a Jawa sized costume!

Like this? I have a thread on here from last year showing my build process.
View attachment 1668493

Yes! These are awesome. I did read through your thread. Nice job! The neighbor kids must have loved it! I love the C-3PO head, I think I might steal that idea!

I gathered up materials to make one about 20 years ago and never got around to it. Tom Spina made some and gave everyone info on what he used. I think at the time there was a Ralph Lauren blanket (I think?) that was selling in stores, that had the same texture as the robes and you would dye it. No clue if that's relevant 20 years later though. :lol:

I had my Jawa for over 20 years. It was made by Tom Spina (aka Wampa back then) before Regal Robot and making memorable Super Bowl commercials. It’s like owning a Picasso before he was famous. He did a small run around year 2000 and he also used the Ralph Lauren blankets.

Here is mine holding a real parts ion blaster

A235988E-ED7A-4C34-A1B1-EF6AED03C4C6.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks great!

I actually just reached out to Tom this morning asking if he still does them!

Anybody have the best source for bandoliers and blasters?

I 3d printed my blaster from files from thingiverse and a few parts I modified.
671A5F5A-C199-4C04-A2DC-73C76B08DD90.jpeg

A good cheap source for textured blankets was IKEA at one point. I think they discontinued the ones I used but maybe they have a replacement now.
D733937E-C96D-43F0-89DF-FEC1AC30D096.jpeg

The bandolier I bought off eBay for about $75. It is a well made reproduction and would have cost me just as much if I had to buy leather and make it myself.

Looks great!

I actually just reached out to Tom this morning asking if he still does them!

Anybody have the best source for bandoliers and blasters?

I have a feeling if he still would, it's going to be A LOT more than what MJF paid! :lol: ;) His stock is much higher 20 years later. Well I mean we all knew it back then, now everyone knows.

I heard back from Tom Spina and Regal Robot...

They're not offering them now, but they have in the past....

Our other company Regal Robot did a custom-run of Jawas. They begin around $6499 plus shipping and come with a resin blaster painted to look like aged metal. We took our patterns for the inner and outer robes off the real, movie-worn costumes in the Lucasfilm archives and are working on matching the weave with custom fabric. Each robe is hand dyed to match the original fabric colors and everything is heavily hand distressed. We can also look at custom options for alternate accessories and bandoliers, etc.

Unfortunately at this time we are not offering them. The original custom-made fabric is currently not available. We are working on sourcing more but until we do we cannot take any orders.

If you would like I can add you to our Jawa waitlist and our mailing list, so when we are able to offer these we can let you know.

The price is quite high, but they do look great. This is the caliber of Jawa I'm looking for, but I'd love to try and build one myself for less money!

The search continues!...

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 142
  • unnamed-3.jpg
    unnamed-3.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 135
  • unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 99
  • unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 105
I heard back from Tom Spina and Regal Robot...

They're not offering them now, but they have in the past....

Our other company Regal Robot did a custom-run of Jawas. They begin around $6499 plus shipping and come with a resin blaster painted to look like aged metal. We took our patterns for the inner and outer robes off the real, movie-worn costumes in the Lucasfilm archives and are working on matching the weave with custom fabric. Each robe is hand dyed to match the original fabric colors and everything is heavily hand distressed. We can also look at custom options for alternate accessories and bandoliers, etc.

Unfortunately at this time we are not offering them. The original custom-made fabric is currently not available. We are working on sourcing more but until we do we cannot take any orders.

If you would like I can add you to our Jawa waitlist and our mailing list, so when we are able to offer these we can let you know.

The price is quite high, but they do look great. This is the caliber of Jawa I'm looking for, but I'd love to try and build one myself for less money!

The search continues!...

Well the $6,500 price tag is made worth it for the resin blaster.

Funny how it looks just like my MOJ that was $300.

Add $500 for an actual metal blaster from Blaster Factory, a few hundred for leather belts, and you are all set.
jawa-blaster-034.jpg

I like Tom when he made awesome stuff for a reasonable price. He and I discussed a life size Jabba back in the day when things were looking real good for me. He was excited as he wanted a second shot at a 1/1 Jabba. Considering how many thousands he wants for items that go for several hundred I can not imagine what he would want for a 1/1 Jabba today, but hey if people will pay it, more power to him.

I'm sure he's well within what their work is worth, it's just about $6,000 more than I would spend. :lol: ;) I would have been happy with the PVC skeleton version he was telling us how to make in the late 90s!

Here's mine that I received on Facebook. Very accurate Clothears costume on a display I put together Saturday. Need to add some dust to the robe and plan to do some tweaks on the display. Can't beat the Clothears costume, though.

Attachments

• 328080625_1920358521629744_1915711742500172841_n.jpg
    328080625_1920358521629744_1915711742500172841_n.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 138

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back