Who's better - Indy or O´Connell..Or..Jake Cutter.. OR..... Lara Croft...

Re: Who's better - Indy or O´Connell?

If O'Connell were going up against "Indy" from the three later movies alone, I'd almost have said he stood a chance. Almost. But if we throw "Jones" from Raiders of the Lost Ark in the mix...well let's just say I almost feel bad for whoever the hell this Rick O'Connell is.

Ricks choice in women was better...

Leave now.

There will be no further warnings.

240.jpg

Re: Who's Better

Which context are we looking at here? Indy's an academic while Rick's a soldier. Both are pretty badass, but Rick would be screwed if he didn't have Evie's knowledge whereas Indy can figure most stuff out without help (not to say he doesn't NEED help with stuff, but he's got a wider range of knowledge than Rick by far).

Do we really need any more than this?
Rick working under Indy in a movie would just make my head implode.

This reminds me of the age old geek argument, "Kirk or Picard"? I believe they both have things to offer but the way I see it, Kirk=Rick where Indy=Picard. Kirk and Rick are more "cowboy justice" where Indy and Picard are more diplomatic (though could still kick ass if need be).

Bottom line?
Indy is a leader
Rick is a soldier
Both are GREAT at what they do.

I'm not sure if I answered the initial question. :lol

Re: Who's Better

Do we really need any more than this?
Rick working under Indy in a movie would just make my head implode.

This reminds me of the age old geek argument, "Kirk or Picard"? I believe they both have things to offer but the way I see it, Kirk=Rick where Indy=Picard. Kirk and Rick are more "cowboy justice" where Indy and Picard are more diplomatic (though could still kick ass if need be).

Bottom line?
Indy is a leader
Rick is a soldier
Both are GREAT at what they do.

I'm not sure if I answered the initial question. :lol

You also forgot two things:
1. Indy is a vetern archeologist and a college professor, and had interest in in since he was a little boy and does it out of valor.
2. Rick wasn't an archeologist, and got involved in tomb raiding in order to impress a girl.

Indy went after his boss' 14 year old daughter. And teaches young women who have the hots for him. Well, we know what he likes....

Rick was in the French Foreign Legion. Members are usually running from crimes or a broken heart.
His buddies and him marched there for adventure and booty. Not women. He returned because Evie saved his life.

Both. O'Connell was a great replacement in the third and fourth Raiders sequels. :lol

I dunno:

Raiders: great
Temple: sucky
Crusade: sucky
Skull: mega-sucky

The Mummy: great
Mummy Returns: sucky

- seems like O'Connell's hit rate is better even if you don't think Skull earned Indy negative points. Which I do. :p

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back