Who's better - Indy or O´Connell..Or..Jake Cutter.. OR..... Lara Croft...

Re: Who's better - Indy or O´Connell?

I dunno:

Raiders: great
Temple: sucky
Crusade: sucky
Skull: mega-sucky

The Mummy: great
Mummy Returns: sucky

- seems like O'Connell's hit rate is better even if you don't think Skull earned Indy negative points. Which I do. :p

Why did you leave out film nr 3 or 4 if you count Scorpion King as part of the series.

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor made in 2008

WAIT.
Is this discussion even still going on? I mean it's cute but really, Indiana is superior to Rick in every way possible. Consider that after Raiders came out other studios tried in vain to come up with their own "Indy"...Richard Chamberlin in KING SOLOMON'S MINES, ROMANCING THE STONE, even BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA. Universal's MUMMY franchise is the same thing; a low rent Indiana played with more than a wide eyed wink to the audience.
Please.
The Jones character in RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK is played with more class, grit, violence and versimilitude than anything Brendon is capable of. This was a fun little exercise, but useless as there is simply no comparison to be made.
If Rick were in Indy's way in a race between a powerful artifact and evil, Rick wouldn't stand a chance.
And that's the way it is.

Last edited:

Why did you leave out film nr 3 or 4 if you count Scorpion King as part of the series.

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor made in 2008

There is no third Mummy movie. I'm not listening. nananananananana!

Re: Who's better - Indy or O´Connell..Or..Jake Cutter

JD,

Half of these young-uns don`t even have a clue who Jake Cutter is...

Damn great show...

Tales of the Gold Monkey.....

and Cutter`s Goose.

Classic.

JD,

Half of these young-uns don`t even have a clue who Jake Cutter is...

Damn great show...

Tales of the Gold Monkey.....

and Cutter`s Goose.

Classic.
You're not supposed to tell them!

I didn't recall Rick O'Whatever's name, shouldn't help the rest of them out either. ;)

Indy came first. All the others are just shallow copies of him. I enjoy the Mummy films and I used to watch the Tales of the Gold Monkey, but I always thought of them as something to fill the void of Indiana Jones.

Sweet

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back