Who was able to get a Rambo LILE knife?

Andymac84

Sr Member
Hi. I was just wondering if we have some collectors amongst us who was able to get a Rambo knife made by lile? Also post what movie-version u have, a picture would be nice and what u've paid for it? :) Let's roll

I heard those are very rare and went up to prices about 4000$?! I also read a decade ago that the manufacturer was deceased...

Hi. I was just wondering if we have some collectors amongst us who was able to get a Rambo knife made by lile? Also post what movie-version u have, a picture would be nice and what u've paid for it? :) Let's roll

I heard those are very rare and went up to prices about 4000$?! I also read a decade ago that the manufacturer was deceased...

Hi, Jimmy died in the early 90's.

There were only 6 knives made with the correct grind, number of teeth and with the correct blast finish, although there were 13 of that batch. The first one that was sent to Stallone had a non blast finish on the grind under the raker teeth (near to the drop point), but Sly sent it back, and asked to have them with a uniformed blast line all under the teeth. Jimmy and his workers made many First Blood knives, but they were all different to that of the movie versions. #5 from the movie recently made $90.000 all in with buyers premium and taxes. Stallone has 2 of the knives in his own personal collection. As for the other 3, well they somehow got lost on set. ;)

2784_539686286106078_317509679_n.png

16899_4905473599801_2032797404_n.jpg

There are also many good tribute knives on the market. I have owned a couple from various knife makers. The one I have at the moment is from my good friend Andy Wood. He has made the near EXACT to the movie versions. :)

Here is one of my displays, the rock and leaves come from Hope BC where most of the movie was filmed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your great reply:)
I saw your knifes and their displays on your thread, too. You have a great collection.
Is Andy wood a UK or US guy? And what price tag have his knifes?
Greetings

Thanks for your great reply:)
I saw your knifes and their displays on your thread, too. You have a great collection.
Is Andy wood a UK or US guy? And what price tag have his knifes?
Greetings

Hi, I'm an amatuer compared with some of the guys on here. Andy did charge approximately £650 if bought through him in GB, but I dont think he makes them anymore, just google his name and ask him if he still does. :)

Hey Andymac i got some RAMBOS!
And they are both 45/100
LILE of course

Attachments

• IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 3,588
  • IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 2,846
  • IMG_0178.jpg
    IMG_0178.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,472
  • IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,219
I have an original hand made Jimmy Lile First Blood Survival knife I purchased as a young man, could someone tell me what this item would be valued at?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back