Who owns an all-metal Blade Runner blaster?

Prop Runner

Sr Member
I've heard amazing things about the RAC all-metal chromed ( . :confused . ) Blade Runner blaster, but I've never seen any pics. Could someone who owns this (or any other all-metal blaster replica) please post theirs?

Thanks. :)

- Gabe

Before you get too worked up, keep in mind there might be a bit of a delay before you receive it. I paid my deposit for #28 in March of 2004 - nothing so far.

I'm # 11, missed the first cut by one. Still waiting but Rich is good about updates and I know it will be worth the wait.

I'm #17 on the list. I can't wait to get it. Rich has kept us updated the entire time so I am not worried. I'm sure it will be worth the wait with his reputation for detail and quality. I will post pics when I receive it. :D

I've gotten drool (and perhaps other bodily fluids) on Phil S's all metal BR blaster. It's like nothing else I've ever seen before...with the exception of it's cousin, the SD PR. Not sure if I have any pics of it from ECPP, but I'll check for ya.

J

I'm #24.

Rich has been working very hard on these and I'm certain they'll be well worth the wait. :love

As for photos, here's a link to a page on RAC's site showing work in progress. The link was originally posted by Rich himself on ASAP in April 2004:

RACProps All-Metal C&S

(Rich: Hope it's okay to post this link. If you want it removed, just say the word.)

There used to be some shots on ASAP of a completed all-metal C&S from the first run, but the images seem to be gone now. They were spectacular. :eek

Jeeez, that's glorious.. I only just got the standard RC blaster and I didn't know there was a metal one out there. If you don't mind my asking, what's the price range for those beauties?

I'm sure the metal C&S will be worth the wait - I've been buying Rich's products since the mid-90s. TOS phaser, Logan's Run DS gun, Galactica laser pistol, the C&S series 3, COP pistol - they're all on my shelves. Just wasn't expecting the delay after the first ten shipped.

Right I was not either, things got so messy this year. (May write a book about it...)

This summer I spent a good part of my time hunting a fair deal on refinancing of my home and this fall I finally closed on a deal, this gave me the much need capital to start building new models and to finish these metal models, problem was until last month I was forced by slow sales of the plastic model to work on these metal models like a hobby, at night, weekends and after hours, and I found very few of these spare bits of time.

With this funding I am now able to work nearly full time on finishing these.

So the next run is nearly done; I am working on them as we speak.

One of the problems was the casting shop: guess I should have seen the writing on the wall, so many parts were wonkey and had to be recasted and reworked, anyway he sold the business a couple of months ago and I have been working with the new owners as best as I can, (and been waiting two weeks for some 4 last recast handle frames).

I figured this was why so much the old owner did was so hard to get right, he was burned out and wanting out.

Anyway this run will catch up all the prepaid down payment holders and should be out any week now, I am painting the black parts and polishing all the silver parts and plan to have them at the platers first thing next week.

While they are being plated I will be prewiring the Ammo clips and Housings.

One I get them back from the platers I will do final assembly and contact everyone to complete these orders.

All these will now come with a display stand as a thank you for the wait.

I am talking with another shop about becoming the caster for these and will be retooling and working with them for a new batch of these soon.

Rich

PS This is why I have not done any more on the web site, finished my life story, nor why we have not brought out any new models, time and money, we lacked money to buy the time.

Hey Rich - thanks for chiming in. I hope I didn't cause an unintended pile-on - I genuinely only wanted to see photos of a completed blaster that someone had already received.

I'm not a customer myself (yet), nor do I know if the list is still open, but if you could post pics of one that you've already sent out, I'd be grateful :)

Thanks, and good luck completing the project.

- Gabe

P.S. If the list is closed and anyone is interested in selling their stake, please contact me. :D

Originally posted by Prop Runner@Jan 18 2006, 11:25 PM
I've heard amazing things about the RAC all-metal chromed (  . :confused .  ) Blade Runner blaster, but I've never seen any pics.  Could someone who owns this (or any other all-metal blaster replica) please post theirs?

Thanks. :)

- Gabe
[snapback]1162558[/snapback]​

DELAY? That's an under statement. Its been almost 2 years for me. Maybe this month? Chomp, chomp on the bit...............

Propboy007, I know and it has been killing me as well.

tain669, I am doing my best to make them worthy of the wait.

proprunner, no problem, and I plan on new molds, a new caster and will make the new one with NO DOWNPAYMENTS.

My life had been: work and pay the bills and the metal models, all other things have waited.

These are the hardest things I have tried to make, and I will do more only to earn back all the time I spent learning HOW to work with metal and HOW to build these.

I am still offering refunds to any who want them.

I wish I had some other neato things to add to the set but that would mean taking some time off to find it, mold it and make it....

Just painted the Receivers, Cocking levers, and Bolt End Caps.

Rich

Originally posted by racprops@Jan 19 2006, 07:01 PM
Propboy007, I know and it has been killing me as well.

tain669, I am doing my best to make the worthy of the wait.

proprunner, no problem, and I plan on new molds, a new caster and will make the new one with NO DOWNPAYMENTS.

My life had been: work and pay the bills and the metal models, all other things have waited.

These are the hardest things I have tried to make, and I will do more only to earn back all the time I spent learning HOW to work with metal and HOW to build these.

I am still offering refunds to any who want them.

I wish I had some other neato things to add to the set but that would mean taking some time off to find it, mold it and make it....

Just painted the Receivers, Cocking levers, and Bolt End Caps.

Rich
[snapback]1163258[/snapback]​

Rich where do I sign up? :)

Roger

Good lord, all these posts and still NO PICS?

I have seen the guns many times in pics and I can vouch that the all metal guns look quite amazing, and if you search you may well find pics of the all metal variants here on the RPF.
Njc--------

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back