Who makes the biggest skins available

TuaCathach

Now before some smart arse says go look in the who makes what thread, i'm all to aware who makes skins, im asking the makers and general populace this..

I have a potential client looking for a P1 suit. He's 6'6 tall ( not an issue) the issue i have is his chest size, shoulders etc.

He is at least a 52 inch chest if not a bit bigger... I know that there are several big skins out there and countless ways to add in extra room, i want to be able to get this skin on this guy with the minimum amount of alterations....

cheers

This would be good to know. I know that you can add room by splitting a skin up the back, but some skins for example have the backpack molded as part of the skin too. That would make it hard to add room to the back. I'll watch this thread with interest.

very interesting topic , i wanna know as well , cause i need one too... i made mine with a wet suit cause they make em up to 7x , mine is 6x.. will also keep an eye on this thread ...

hey colm... I'm 6ft 6 and a size 52 chest aswell.... simple answer who;s chest skins fit me? Ruffkintoys... what have I got spare and for sale... set of ruffkintoy skins... DUH

something i am worried about is the size of the shoulders aswell bryan... you remember jules... ****** is big across the shoulders aswell.. but will keep those in mind..

Would he be able to fit into a Mr. Incredible suit or something similar? If you can't find a skin that would fit him, maybe the Mr. Incredible suit on a duct-tape dummy would work. It probably isn't the most accurate solution out there, but as long as he can fit into a stretchy suit and then get it onto a duct-tape dummy, that would be an option. Come to think of it, a duct-tape dummy would probably be a good first step even if you find a skin and need to make some alterations, just so you don't have to keep your client in the skins while you do all the tailoring.

Something else to think of is whether the armor parts would fit him if he has big arms and legs. If his forearms or lower legs are pretty wide around, you might need bigger gauntlets and shin armor. I was working with a member here who needed bigger gauntlets, since he was built like a linebacker, so I opened up my molds a bit when I did the casting. It turns out that I opened up the molds more than necessary. That's when I found out that my gauntlets are pretty darn big as-is.

Im 51" chest and 57" shoulders and I wear a modded Seahunterr skin. 6'2" and at @250lbs when I suit up. Thats about what I was at when I was wearing my Samurai suit in the SDCC 2010 pics from last year. Elder-one added about 8" in the back/torso. Fit nice and comfortable...well as much as a rubber skin can be i guess. Not sure if that helps but gives you an idea of what that skin can hold.

Seahunter skins are small, much smaller than ruffkintoys. They look big because of the muscle detail... There was around an 8inch gap on the back of the seahunterr skins I have, so i gotta add latex strips. As far as I remember elder-one does the same.

I have mannowar skins and if I remember correctly he said the chest is 55". I'm 6'4" and the fit great on me. There's a good bit of room in the shoulder and arm areas too.

Thanks for the info. I always have problems with skins because I'm 6'4". Almost the same size as munson. Which is useful because with the whole suit on I'm tall..hehehe

Now before some smart arse says go look in the who makes what thread, i'm all to aware who makes skins, im asking the makers and general populace this..

I have a potential client looking for a P1 suit. He's 6'6 tall ( not an issue) the issue i have is his chest size, shoulders etc.

He is at least a 52 inch chest if not a bit bigger... I know that there are several big skins out there and countless ways to add in extra room, i want to be able to get this skin on this guy with the minimum amount of alterations....

cheers
hey bud , any luck with the skin for your friend??? im kinda in need of one too. just wondering how it all went , if you used a mannowar skin?enough room in there?? thanks ....ps: thats gonna be one scary ****** when he suits up!!! 6'6" full suit hes gonna look 7' tall ... awesome!!! (y)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back