Who makes the best quality Arwen sword and Legolas

Arwen's sword is made by both Noble Collection and United Cutlery, Legolas' knives are made by United Cutlery. I can't speak to their quality (or any other versions that are out there) but the UC version of Arwen's is MUCH less expensive. I have their version of the Uruk-hai "scimitar" and it's very well made.

For licensed stuff, I would stick with the United Cutlery versions. From what I have read and seen of the Noble swords...they are garbage. Steer clear of the unlicensed pieces on eBay.

Other than that, there have been several people here who have commissioned a skilled swordsmith to make versions of Strider's sword and alsoNarsil, I believe. Those are $$$.

Hope that helps.. :D

-Mark

Best? If you're willing to pony up the (substanial) cash it will take, John Lundemo of odinblades.com has done some absolutely jaw-dropping LOTR-inspired pieces, including some similiar to hadhafang and legolas' knives.

odinblade hadhafang

Twin Elven style Daggers By Odinblades

Othewise.. go with United Cutlery. They're clumsy heavy wallhangers, but at least they're pretty clumsy heavy wallhangers. Honestly, I have yet to get anything from Noble Collection that looked half as good in real life as it does in the photos.

(I've gotten a few pieces of elven jewelry from 'em.. nothing else. Their other stuff may be better)

Thanks everyone. your advice is vey much apreciated.

Originally posted by Rebel Hunter@Apr 17 2006, 06:17 PM
For licensed stuff, I would stick with the United Cutlery versions. From what I have read and seen of the Noble swords...they are garbage. Steer clear of the unlicensed pieces on eBay.

Other than that, there have been several people here who have commissioned a skilled swordsmith to make versions of Strider's sword and alsoNarsil, I believe. Those are $$$.

Hope that helps..  :D

-Mark
[snapback]1228062[/snapback]​

Mark,
How thick is the UC blade tehre ate the hilt. It looks much wider in your pictures than most of the "catalog shots" I've seen. If I get one, I will prbably go with a UC version.

And as an aside, remember that though they refer to it as Arwen's sword, you see it first in the prolog being carried by her dad Elrond.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back