Who makes the best Jango Fett helmet kit?

Kroenen77

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I wanna build a Jango Fett helmet next to my EFX Boba and Mandalorian helmets.But because I´m not a fan of Episode 2 I have no clue whats the best and most accurate Jango helmet Kit is out there.
I´ve heared that the Jangohelmet is smaller as the Boba Fett helmet..but thats all I know.So Jangoexpert thats your chance.;)

Has his helmet lineage to a real Jango or Bobahelmet?
I'd hit him up and ask about Jango, I know his Boba lids do have lineage. I've been wanting a Jango as well, but was thinking of just getting a Target/Rubies Boba Helmet and doing a full makeover on it since that would be cheaper although less accurate. Not many budget Jango makers out there

Ah that with a Rubies is a nice idea.The new Hasbro is not really good for a Jango because the Damaged Areas are in the surface.
I´m not so fit with Rubiesstuff...whats the exact Rubies we are talking about?

Ah that with a Rubies is a nice idea.The new Hasbro is not really good for a Jango because the Damaged Areas are in the surface.
I´m not so fit with Rubiesstuff...whats the exact Rubies we are talking about?

This is one I've been considering, although it take a lil work. If you go to the photo portion, you can see lots of fans converting it to Jango or their own custom Mandos. Seems like a good practice bucket anyway, but again if you're looking for something with lineage this probably isn't the option for you. I have some painting skills so I might be able to polish it up to resemble something more respectable until I can get more professional one

Screenshot_20200502-145422.png

Yes I forgot about Bobamaker, super good quality but def not cheap. I know Minutefett makes or made some but be cautious, he's getting alot of flack on TDH deserved or undeserved due to his customer service.

I'm afraid there's not a whole lot of middle range $ helmets for Jango, either expensive or super cheap from what I've seen

Ironically, for all the crappy stuff they have done, Rubies does still manage to get it surprisingly close from time to time. It's hard to find now, and there was production randomness that could impact what you got (some behaved perfectly, some refused to cooperate no matter how long you worked on them)... But their "two-piece" Jango helmet is very close out of the box. Glue it, reinforce the seams, use something to flatten the cheek plates, and sand it to give it a good painting surface, and you're good. The size is right and the detailing is really close. There are some fiddly bits like the keyslots and the rangefinder (and its earcap) that I am less up on, as I haven't made an intensive study of this version vis-a-vis dead-on accuracy. I just know it's somewhere between "pretty close" and "very close". At the very least, it'd make a good base to which to add accurizing pieces.

I looked around for the Rubies 2 pieces mask.Your right..the shape looks really good.But is it not undersized?Looks really small.

It isn't. Jeremy Bulloch was 6'1" and almost looks like a bobble-head with that helmet on. Tem Morrison was 5'7" and the helmet is fitted to his overall frame better. The Jango helmet is about 5% smaller than a true 1:1 Boba helmet. Someone over on TDH some time back measured one with lineage and the 2-piece and the brow band circumference is a match. It might have been one of the early laser-scanned-as-a-starting-point helmets. I can see Rubies not thinking to make a fuss about that. It just makes sense. Heck of a savings on material, not having to mould and cast the thing. That it also doesn't risk damaging the original is a bonus.

I'll take pictures tonight of the two good Rubies Mando helmets -- the Jango 2-piece and the recent plastic Boba -- to show comparison.

You do NOT want to go with a Rubies 2 piece. That helmet is a blight on the world of mandalorian helmets. Everything about that helmet is wrong. I'm sorry but those helmets are painful to look at.

*I meant that Rubies 2 piece helmets are painful to look at. Not the photos you posted, Inquisitor.

You do NOT want to go with a Rubies 2 piece. That helmet is a blight on the world of mandalorian helmets. Everything about that helmet is wrong. I'm sorry but those helmets are painful to look at.
I've seen them come out pretty much perfect with some elbow grease. But they are harder to find now, and there are good alternatives -- notably, posted upthread. This was more to show the size difference between Boba and Jango.

The shape of the Rubiesmask looks not so wrong to me.Thats why I asked about the size.
For me the material is not important.I can put fiberglass in the Rubies and don´t wanna pay over 300$ for a Jangokit.
Only size and shape are important.When the Rubies has the right size and shape I can build a great Jango from that.

38482219mh.jpg

The Jango helmet looks also a lot smaller and thinner like the one from Boba Fett:

38482220mt.jpg

Last edited:
If you go the Rubie's route, fiberglass isn't necessary. Based on what I've seen and on personal experience, I'd recommend a brass "craft ring" running around the back from earcap to earcap, flatten the cheeks or replace them with flat material, and fill and re-locate the "turn signals". All you really need to do to reinforce the interior is strips of thin plastic epoxy-welded behind the front-to-back join. Then epoxy putty to fill and blend the outside of the join (after you've stripped the paint apps and sanded the helmet pieces, of course).

The worst mistake most people made was not sanding -- inside and out. Need something for the paints and glues to "bite" into. I got one from someone for doing better cleanup and modding. They'd fiberglassed the interior. While I was working on the outside, it flexed the helmet enough the entire fiberglass liner popped out in one piece. The inside of the helmet was completely smooth and unsanded. For the inside, I'd recommend nothing finer than 80-grit. After the reinforcing strips, if you want to add foam padding or interior details to match what was seen in Clone Wars, or even just a black topcoat to make it look "clean", you'll want a good working surface. I know you already know how to do this sort of thing. It just bears repeating with this helmet.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back