Who made this all metal Blade Runner blaster?

Hirohawa

Sr Member
I can't figure out who made this blaster. It is all metal and it does not look like a Hartford and is a limited to 250 copies. Is there someone else besides the Richard Coyle that makes an all metal version?

Anyone know whos handywork this is?

(link removed)

Thanks

If you don´t want a slap on the wrist, you really need to remove that auction link . This is a life auction, and posting links to live auctions is not very popular around here ;)

Even better, scratch your post entirely and wait until the auction is over to post your question, so there is no interest generated in a particular item like this one.

Read the CoC and FAQ.

Michael

<div class='quotetop'>(ManfromNaboo @ Jun 29 2006, 01:17 AM) [snapback]1270550[/snapback]</div>
If you don´t want a slap on the wrist, you really need to remove that auction link . This is a life auction, and posting links to live auctions is not very popular around here ;)

Even better, scratch your post entirely and wait until the auction is over to post your question, so there is no interest generated in a particular item like this one.

Read the CoC and FAQ.

Michael
[/b]

Removed the link.

I want to find out about it so I can potentially bid on it. This info would be useless to me after the auction is over.

Thanks

The auction is by Siderio, better known as SidKit.

Parts of earlier, resin and metal versions of his Blaster model have been identified as recasts of Richard Coyle's work by Rich himself. You can read about it here:

propcircle: "Any opinions on the Italian guy?"

As Michael pointed out, the CoC limits the circumstances under which live auctions may be discussed on the board. You might like to consult the following:

Code of Conduct: No Live Auction Posting

<div class='quotetop'>(temponaut @ Jun 29 2006, 01:35 AM) [snapback]1270557[/snapback]</div>
The auction is by Siderio, better known as SidKit.

Parts of earlier, resin and metal versions of his Blaster model have been identified as recasts of Richard Coyle's work by Rich himself. You can read about it here:

propcircle: "Any opinions on the Italian guy?"

As Michael pointed out, the CoC limits the circumstances under which live auctions may be discussed on the board. You might like to consult the following:

Code of Conduct: No Live Auction Posting
[/b]

I am trying to figure out the authenticity of a this item (original or recast etc.) and it's seller credibilty. Doesn't this go under the suspicious or fraudulant auction criteria?

If I didn't post this I could be bidding blind. I contacted the seller but he has been evasive as to the origin of the blaster. That is why I posted here.

Thanks

Steve

<div class='quotetop'>(Hirohawa @ Jun 29 2006, 05:43 PM) [snapback]1270560[/snapback]</div>
I am trying to figure out the authenticity of a this item (original or recast etc.) and it's seller credibilty. Doesn't this go under the suspicious or fraudulant auction criteria?[/b]
I see your dilemma.

Posting about a live auction as a warning to other members is okay. But posting about a live auction because you want to find out if it's cool for you to bid on it... that's a bit of a gray area.

But how can you find out if the item is legit without posting about it?

One way to approach it might be to start a thread asking about the seller rather than a particular item at live auction. For example, "Does anybody here know anything about eBay seller 'toyres'?" That might or might not get you the information you need. Since the closing date of the auction is still almost a week away, you have a little time to see whether such a thread would be effective. If you didn't get the information you needed in a couple of days, you could follow up with a thread showing pictures of the item but not referencing the auction. You could ask, "Can anyone identify this all-metal Blaster? Is it legit?" Or you could post the thread with photos (but no auction reference) right at the start.

It's a bit of a song and dance, but with a little imagination there are usually ways to get the information you seek without actually posting about a live auction. (By the way, I'd say that posting the item number for the live auction is not much different than posting a link to the auction itself.)

With regard to the information you're seeking: toyres has great eBay feedback (100 percent positive). The quality of his kits and models is excellent, no doubt about it. I purchased a couple of things directly from his site a few years ago (before learning from Rich that parts of Siderio's Blaster are recast from the C&S), and have nothing but good things to say about the quality. The problem is the origin. If he's ripping off Rich, his other products may contain recast parts, too. :unsure

In any case, if you've read the thread on the propcircle link in Post #04, you know that Siderio/toyres has been positively identified as a recaster in at least one instance, specifically in connection with his BR Blaster, by one of our own (most admired) members.

Neither here nor there, but I would guess that this auction is a way for Siderio to find out what people are willing to pay for the Blaster, so that he'll know how to price it when he starts selling it through his site.

<div class='quotetop'>(Hirohawa @ Jun 29 2006, 05:43 PM) [snapback]1270560[/snapback]</div>
If I didn't post this I could be bidding blind. I contacted the seller but he has been evasive as to the origin of the blaster. That is why I posted here.[/b]
Got ya. :thumbsup

His evasiveness most likely means he's still using the parts recast from Rich. :( If this was entirely his own work, wouldn't he proudly tell you so rather than evading an answer?

Saddly it is a nice copy, a total copy of one of my #3 versions.

One thing we have found out was his kits were poorly made, how good a job he does on this we will have to wait to see.

One note for pure fans, a metal ammo housing and clip is wrong, the real styer parts are themselfs plastic...

Damm shame he used his talent for EVIL.

My 2 cents.

Rich

PS Been looking it the model pictured and I must confess he seems to robbing from everyone, the grips look like Mosters in Motions versions, note the rim around the pattern, and the triggers, specialy the front look like the new Model from MiM or Hartfords as it has a tag covering the underside of the swing arm.

Also seems he lost some of the markings, I see no numbers on the Styer and the safety dimples seem missing.

Note the waves in his butt plate, I got some of his part and they were the softest pewter known, perhaps lots of lead , do not know what his local laws but here lead is forbidden.

<div class='quotetop'>(racprops @ Jun 29 2006, 10:55 PM) [snapback]1270674[/snapback]</div>
Damm shame he used his talent for EVIL.[/b]
That's it precisely.

He's really quite skilled. Why can't he just make all his kits himself instead of taking the easy, dishonest way out?

Damn shame. :(

I think asking about this auction is not a grey area at all...If the question is valid (which it is) then requesting info on an auction is more then fair. Linking to it is only verboten. Its questions like these that only helps further the interests of our membership...

<div class='quotetop'>(Hirohawa @ Jun 30 2006, 03:04 AM) [snapback]1270829[/snapback]</div>
Thanks for all the helpful replies.

This board is great.

Steve
[/b]
:thumbsup I agree. I love the RPF. :love

<div class='quotetop'>(NEKROFANATIC @ Jun 29 2006, 11:08 PM) [snapback]1270684[/snapback]</div>
I think asking about this auction is not a grey area at all...[/b]
I'm of the opinion that, in this case, there were ways to get the desired information without mentioning the auction and certainly without posting the link and/or auction number. You, on the other hand, seem to feel that posting about the auction in order to evaluate its legitmacy was appropriate. Both opinions are reasonable and supportable. Hence the "gray area." :)

No... I really do not think so, I am betting MiM when to Hong Kong, and SidKits have a spin caster and does cheap but nice looking pewter.

Rich

Wish I could, but it take major bucks and you really need to sit on those SOBs or thay will mess things up, look at what has happen to MR and most of their Props and Disney and others, you never seem to git it 100% 80/90% never 100% what you want.

Rich

<div class='quotetop'>(racprops @ Jun 29 2006, 03:54 PM) [snapback]1271044[/snapback]</div>
Wish I could, but it take major bucks and you really need to sit on those SOBs or thay will mess things up, look at what has happen to MR and most of their Props and Disney and others, you never seem to git it 100% 80/90% never 100% what you want.

Rich
[/b]

That is where investors come in.

As for production, I would suggest a cost vs. benefit analysis... how much is your time worth? How much could you potentially gain?

Well, if you are talking about companies that produce replicas, some do really well financially.

Anyway... just a thought.

A little more back on track, so Sid is doing one, MIM has theirs, and Rac has his... looks like there are quite a few options out there.

-Bryan

Rich I have one of your Blade Runner Blasters and I can say that if someone wants the best, I can tell them where to get it. And this is just the cheap plastic version. LOL

bladerunnerblaster.gif

A follow up: UPDATE:

Well I can now say that 80% of the Sidkit is still based off one of my version threes.

A friend got one and sent me a ton of pictures.

It does seem he got or con someone out of a MiM Set of pistol grips and their pistol grip frame.

But all most all the rest is still off my model. My modifide Bulldog, trigger, hammer, Styer reciver, my modifided cocking lever and hand made bolt, butt plate and side covers.

He did hog the back sides of these to lighten them and I guess clim them as his own....

And Sidkits lost or remover the Styer serial numbers and the same on the bulldog and also lost all the detail in the front of the Styer ammo clip.

Lastly this is a crude model lots of flaws and poor castings, I would say it needs advanced modeler to get a good finished and built model out of this kit, no wonder he asks for $1000.00 for a builtup version.

And lastly it still is a cheap pewter perhaps with lead still in it.

Man if only he would stop ripping people off.

My 2cnts worth.

Rich

OK Monster in Motion's model has been pushed back to Oct and farther delays may happen...

Bet they are running into problems with the Hong Kong supplier...

And do you really want to buy from A1 Hong Kong 2 Recasters??

Check out their Forbidden Planet Blaster it is:1) a recast of one of my early models the open sided trigger mount is mine and 2) their hero picture is ripped off my web site and of a real model with out the rear cap....

And their Blade Runner is a RIP Off my inaccurate version three.

Sidkit we all ready covered...

Rich

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back