Who is "radler916" on ebay, selling my free paper props

Well said, Adam! Here, here!

Yeah theft sucks. We should continue to report them to eBay or try to reason with them one on one like we did with radler916 (I also sent him a polite e-mail letting him know, and received the same polite response back that starfighter did).

But we shouldn't deprive ourselves; this community, of the stuff we love. Keep at it everyone! I know I plan to as well.

Very well put Adam. I think in the end that is pretty much the way everyone concludes these types of occurances - the people who share will keep at it. No less, when the instances happen, it still sucks to see it happen at that particular juncture of time.

Consider this too and it has happened to me on occasion. Could the seller just have simply "forgotten" the source ? Its happened to me on a few occasions where I simply forgot the stipulations or who gave me something. Sometimes I accidently give out gifts or something that was given to me at an extreme friendship discount.

Just trying to say that there are other circumstances rather than, "trying to turn a buck" scenarios we've grown accustomed to accusing each other on this forum.

Well said asavage and I would agree, this is a great community I remember trolling the RPF counting down the days until registration was open so I could finally join and post comments and ask questions about peoples work. Its great that someone like me that has little prop making skills can print cool paper props from my favorite movies and show friends. For the creators of the free props please don’t let a few dirt bags make you stop sharing your great creations with honest fans like myself.

I don't mind sharing certain files. But are you saying that ALL photoshop files should be shared and NOT sold? I think there are some images that have taken just as long to make as a physical prop did. Should we people, that sell certain files or paper props, just give them all away? I am a little confused by your post Adam. I would love a little clarification.

Thanks,
Brad

Last edited:
I wouldn’t say give your hard work away that took you an extended amount of time to recreate. Some people here im sure are very good with art and photo shop programs and can make most this in a hour of so. Things like a label for a pop cans, business cards, flyers or other simple items seems like for the experienced user can whip them up in no time. i would say for myself that if i was to recreate some great paper prop that only cost me the time it takes to make it and send a e-mail i would enjoy giving it to other fans for free so they could add it to there collection and show it off. Now on the other hand if you wanted me to print and add any type of physical detail to the print prop and ship it to you i would feel that its only fare that i would charge for the service. Because now it is costing me to share what i made. But hey every one feels different and may feel they need a 1:1 return on what they share and take. i guess it really depends on how you view your participation in the hobby and on the forums.

Go over to http://www.bttfparts.com/board/index.php?sid=fa4d5ae0b3a15c4540332a462cbaa5da

They are there for free. The only one that I have reworked is the Tales from Space comic.

Brad

Groovy. Thanks!

And I don't think Adam meant what you thought. It's your hard work, and if you want to sell it or give it away, it's completely up to you, whether it be paper or plastic. He was saying (if I understood correctly) that we just shouldn't stop offering free props even if someone rips them off and makes a few bucks off them.

Yeh Ive been recast on My republic commando Helmet a few times by a few people sux because I dont want my name on there junk :angry

Ive had this happen to be a couple of times. If it's a replica of an existing movie paper prop there's really nothing you can do (Even though you might have spent a lot of time replicating this paper prop, the fact is that the actual rights probably belong to the film company...And only they can take legal actions.)

Luckily one of my paper props was based on the map from Raiders of the Lost Ark. Since the artwork of the real map has never been seen , i took it upon myself to create my own vision of what the map might have looked like...Which meant the intellectual property belongs to me. I even went ahead and had it copyrighted (Didn't call it a "Raiders of the Lost Ark Map, but rather a "Chachapoyan temple map"). Ive managed to remove this paper prop from Ebay several times.

During one Raiders map auction , (I believe he was a former RPF member) I managed to remove the map...Then the seller reposted it several times, and I had to continuously have it removed. Then he removed the photo and reposted the map...Had it removed again. Then he reworded the auction, and I had it removed again. Finally i contacted him and aksed him to please stop posting the map auction. He replied and said that he has encountered my kind before. He claimed that he always has some paper prop creator who thinks they own the rights to the map, when in fact it is the movie studio who owns the rights.
Anyhow, i had to set him straight and showed him my copyright, along with the legal documents, and threatened him with legal action....he hasn't posted the map again.

I agree with asavage and Got Maul, on this one. And IF someone is on ebay selling something that was offer here for free, and said person is contact and doesn't take the auction down - then that person's ebay name should be posted. Remember this also, not everyone know about the rpf, too.

I don't mind sharing certain files. But are you saying that ALL photoshop files should be shared and NOT sold? I think there are some images that have taken just as long to make as a physical prop did. Should we people, that sell certain files or paper props, just give them all away? I am a little confused by your post Adam. I would love a little clarification.

Thanks,
Brad

Im kinda being pulled in two directions here. In one way, I agree with Brad as I was happy to pay for his recent Ironman paper props as you can easily seen the time and effort he has put into them and I feel he is entitled to something for his efforts but I also understand peoples feelings when they feel cheated because someone has stolen their 'freebie' paper prop (that they also have put a lot of time and effort in to) and used it to make profit for themselves....that imo, is just low!!
Within this community, I am basically one of those untalented members who really cant contribute where actual prop making is concerned so I feel lucky that I get the opportunity to either use a freebie paper prop posted here or to buy them from the JY. The respect I have for your talents and efforts knows no boundaries so I most certainly frown on anyone who steals your work for profit!!
As Adam earlier said though.....dont cut off your fellow members just because the odd ******* pops up and nicks a few bits n bobs. Id understand the reasoning for doing so though!!

Last edited:
I dont think all photoshop stuff should be free. And I see why someone should make money off of things like the Iron man newspaper. Even though that newspaper just like my Clock tower flyer were NOT my original idea and I only spent hours copying and prefecting it. So I dont know if I should be making profit off of something that is not my intellectual property. I can use money, so I like making profit from things like my BTTF2 Pizza. Although that was hand sculpted not photoshopped to exactly match something that already existed. This is a tough one.

this happened to me as well. I found people seeling my "contents of Marty McFly's wallet" and "Ultimate save the clock tower flyer" for profit. Originaly posted here on the free paper props thread.

Ive contected one guy that told me if I could prove to him I made the stuff he'd stip sellign. never heard back.

Last edited:
Still happening i've seen Grail Diary replicas for sale on eBay which contain the last page i invented as well some of my invented inserts all posted on the free paper props thread, part of me likes that people think my stuff is good enough to sell but it would be nice if they asked permission first and to me personal some of the profit should be donated to charity.

You need to report them to eBay. You might have to search for it but there is a link for that. There should be an option somewhere on the sale page. If you can't find it you can use the " contact us".

That is theft of intellectual property and fraud in my opinion.

You need to report them to eBay. You might have to search for it but there is a link for that. There should be an option somewhere on the sale page. If you can't find it you can use the " contact us".

That is theft of intellectual property and fraud in my opinion.
I did reported to eBay items have being removed now.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back