Who Framed Roger Rabbit 2- Its coming!

Robert Zemeckis Says 'Roger Rabbit' Sequel is Ready and Waiting for Disney Approval | Movie News | Movies.com

"I'm happy with the script. It's very good. It's written by the original writers, and it's good, [But Disney] is still thinking about it. If I were to do the sequel, it would be done just like the first one. It would look the same way, but we would present it in 3D in its release. I would do all of the animation hand-drawn; 2D, but using 3-D tools. It wouldn't be like Pixar 3D. It wouldn't look like that."

In the video he mentions that the sequel will be a period film. He also talks about not releasing BTTF in 3D and about the Nike shoes.

VIVEK STRIKES AGAIN W/HIS AWESOMENESS!!!!

Vivek Shoots..... and..... GOALL!!!!!!!! Seriously, I would love to see this made. This was one of my absolute favorite movies growing up. The dueling pianos between two of my all time favorite animated characters, Daffy & Donald Duck!!! Thanks for sharing the awesomeness Vivek. Now lets hope Disney doesn't screw it up.

You're welcome Dozer3677 :). I am also really excited knowing that this is finally moving forward. But "Disney still thinking about it" worries me a little. Since not many hand drawn animated movies have been produced or done well at the box office in the last decade or so, I feel Disney might back out at the last minute. Still I remain optimistic. It will be great to see all the beloved animated characters from various studios sharing the big screen again.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit? 25th Anniversary Blu-ray Trailer - YouTube (releasing in 2013).
It's surprising that the first movie hasn't been released on Blu-ray yet. And considering that they are testing the first movie for 3D, looks like it will be all timed perfectly so that it leads to the marketing for the sequel.

"I would do all of the animation hand-drawn; 2D, but using 3-D tools. It wouldn't be like Pixar 3D. It wouldn't look like that."

Um, what is this supposed to mean? I am an animator and have no idea what he's talking about. :lol

"I would do all of the animation hand-drawn; 2D, but using 3-D tools. It wouldn't be like Pixar 3D. It wouldn't look like that."

Um, what is this supposed to mean? I am an animator and have no idea what he's talking about. :lol

:lol I used to be an animator too, and I have no clue what he means. Perhaps he is thinking... Drawn animation by hand and use the computer as a tool to scan the drawing, and color, etc... But that is how it was done since the end of Little Mermaid. The hand drawn artwork was scanned and the CAPS system was used for coloring.

True, won't be the same without Bob Hoskins. Though the story written was supposedly a prequel, I wonder if his character was included in the script as it was written couple of years ago. He was diagnosed with Parkinson's last year and he made his retirement announcement few months ago.

As for the 3D tools, I am guessing he means while the animation (characters/environment) will be traditional hand drawn, they will continue to use computer 3D tools to touch up/enhance/blend with the live action footage. It was mentioned on wiki (from a prior interview) that the lighting and some of the props used by the toons might be done digitally.

necroposting.jpg
:lol

Why make a new thread when this is about the very film? LOL at all the Jessica Rabbit pervs getting all juiced up.. :lol

Yeah, I think he's just getting the memo that hand-drawn animation doesn't use cels anymore. Probably all that comment is about.

As for the 3D tools, I am guessing he means while the animation (characters/environment) will be traditional hand drawn, they will continue to use computer 3D tools to touch up/enhance/blend with the live action footage. It was mentioned on wiki (from a prior interview) that the lighting and some of the props used by the toons might be done digitally.

Thinking about this further, the original movie, being done on cels, each character had three layers: the character itself, the shadows, and the highlights. These were all done by hand and then sent to ILM to be added optically (no digital yet!) The shadow and highlight layers effectively placed the character within the environment. Today, they could probably use 3D tools to create the shadows and highlights on the digitally drawn 2D character. Ie, the shadows and highlights would be three dimensional, and if done right, would look like the original, just much easier and precise. I bet this is (hopefully) what he meant, just not worded very well.

Why make a new thread when this is about the very film? LOL at all the Jessica Rabbit pervs getting all juiced up.. :lol

Oh man, experienced that first hand on day one. I saw the movie in opening week with a group; the guy sitting next to me was getting closer and closer to losing it totally every time she was on screen. At first he was muttering "oh god oh god" under his breath but by the third act he was shifting around in his chair and moaning and gasping.

In a crowded cinema it was ****ing acutely embarrassing and if it happened now I'd walk, or maybe thump the guy. Back then the price of a cinema ticket was a big deal for me and I stuck it out. Mentally scarred for life. :lol

When we were at WDW in OCT my kids got b-day cards that had Roger Rabbit on them. Suprised the heck out of me, along with seeing some RR pins there. I was told though by a CM that they were going to be getting rid of the RR stuff though do to some licensing issue. Not sure if true though.

This just sounds like a terrible idea. I doubt that Disney will even go for it, they'll use the money to make Highschool Musical 15 or something.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back