Who created the shield Steve Rogers gave to Sam Wilson??

BROTHERFOSTER

Sr Member
I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed, but where did this shield come from?? Was it made by Howard Stark or Tony Stark in different timeline when Steve Rogers went back in time? Was it made by someone else? Does anyone have a definitive answer?

I just assumed it was same shield, repaired. Most likely by the Wakandans. Steve then stashed it somewhere before he made his time jump and retrieved it again when he aged back into present day.

I kind of figured it was like his Captain America suit that kept changing. Meh, I’m sure the real reason is to sell more toys and merchandise. But as far as in the MCU I figured he was just upgrading gear.

I always felt it was from the timeline that Steve spent with Peggy. Alot of people got the wrong idea that Steve spent his time in the current MCU timeline somehow staying on the downlow and not interfering with the world, however that would go against the logic of time travel that the movie itself setup. Any time travel is to a different version of the world you just left, otherwise time paradoxes would be possible.

Anyways, I believe that Steve didn't hide in this other timeline rather lived a fairly open life. He would have known that anything he did would not alter the original timeline so he could try his best to correct some of the errors in the past. Such as Bucky, Hydra and a few other loose threads he could do. Afterall he said himself. "If I see a situation pointed south, I can't ignore it. Sometimes I wish I could." He wouldn't have did nothing all that time.

As for the new shield, there a few things I can think of. It is the shield of that timeline. Either as-is or modified. Or he could have obtained Vibranium (either from Claw) or directly from Wakanda. Maybe he reached out to them earlier than in the normal MCU.

It is also possible that he had shrunk the pieces of his shield down and brought it with him to the past and had Howard Stark reforge the shield. After all he was the one to make the shield in the first place out of raw vibranium.

At the end of the day it was probably just something the writers wrote without putting as much thought into it. They wanted the shield destroyed like in the comics but also wanted to whole for Sam. So it was just there, no explanation given.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back