Which Wooden Grips For MGC Mauser?

NathanM

I'm refurbishing my MGC Mauser and the grips are the resin 9 grips it came with. They are both loose and innacurate, so I'm looking at upgrade options.

I'd prefer wooden grips so my first questioon is are there any wooden grips that fit the MGC Mauser?

I already have some of Corellian Exports cast resin grips on order just in case I can't find any wooden solutions. So othere's at least that.

Thanks for any leads!

Field Marshall makes wooden grips that fit Denix replicas. Not sure how much of a difference there is in the size of the grip frame between a Denix and an MGC, plus they might require a bit of modification on the inside surfaces. Also, they're kind of on the spendy side, so I dunno how much you'd be willing to gamble on a "maybe."

Yeah, that's my concern. I take risks (wait til I show all of the scope mounts I've gotten recently, lol) but the price on those grips is iffy for a maybe. It looks like some think the Denix Wooden grips can be modified potentially but I was hoping for specific wooden ones for the MGC itself. If they don't exist that's fine. I may just go with the Corellian ones I got.

I think it's safe to say that wooden MGC grips don't exist. And I can't say that I've ever seen anyone offering reproductions that would fit.

Makes sense with how limited they are. A small market definitely. I think I'm going to try out Todd's as they are cheap comparatively and designed for the Denix. Thanks!

I can make a non-recommendation. I found some wood grips on sale and bought a couple. C96 BROOMHANDLE MAUSER PISTOL GRIPS | Man The Line I think they were probably $15 per set at the time. I got them, they overall looked pretty nice, but.... One of the sets of the grips had a small chunk out of the upper inner part where the upper part of the grip touches the pistol grip part of the frame. The other set, I noticed if you had the screw going through it (like it came shipped), the 2 grips didn't exactly line up with the screw running through them. I mean, except for a minor cosmetic flaw and them probably not fitting well, they looked pretty nice. I didn't complain to the company, cuz they were on sale, you pays your money and you takes yer chances. Maybe non-on sale items would not be irregulars or seconds, I dunno. Maybe their full priced $29.95 ones are good. I figured even if they weren't quite right, they'd be good examples of sort of what to do to hand carve/fabricate out of wood. One MORE little "some day I'ma gonna" project to add to the list... (The little brass fittings that the screw and nut fit into, those I'm not sure where to get, though.) I haven't even tried them out to see if they'd fit a Denix or MGC, yet, but I will when I have them all together in the same place at the same time. I'm sure they could be made to fit with some Dremeling, filing and sanding. I'm not sure what the misaligned screw hole would do the setup, though.

Obi-Bob

Nope... the replicas are larger than a Mauser

See here: Denix top, MGC Middle, Real bottom

Attachments

• L20140129-155505.JPG
    L20140129-155505.JPG
    616.2 KB · Views: 62

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back