Which series would you recommend?

I've never had a digital purchase yoinked by Amazon, but it is a possibility, which is why I make the deciding factor one of cost. If the purchase of physical media is going to be the same price or more expensive,I may go digital for portability. If it's less, I'll do physical media.

Well, I just decided to go with VuDu. I bought the first bundle which contains the mini series and the first 2 seasons. I'm enjoying it so far.

Other than Blood and Chrome I notice there is another one called Battlestar Galactica: Razor. Where does that fit in to the timeline? At what point should I watch it?

Well, I just decided to go with VuDu. I bought the first bundle which contains the mini series and the first 2 seasons. I'm enjoying it so far.

Other than Blood and Chrome I notice there is another one called Battlestar Galactica: Razor. Where does that fit in to the timeline? At what point should I watch it?
Razor is a miniseries between seasons three and four. There is also “The Plan”, which was aired after the show’s finale.
The Wikipedia page lists all the air dates. Battlestar Galactica - Wikipedia
Just don’t read too much and spoil it for yourself.

Last edited:
Y'know, it's funny how time changes you.

I've watched the mini-series and I am one and a half seasons in now. I have to say I absolutely love this show!!!

But, it makes me think back and try to remember why I didn't get into it when it was originally on. I was a huge fan of the original and I tend to remember I didn't really like the idea of a reboot. I now do remember watching a few episodes of the new one and back then, I didn't like it. I didn't like the look of the Cylons, I didn't care for the casting of Apollo, I didn't like that Starbuck was a woman, I didn't like the documentary style of the cinematography, I didn't like the Baltar/blonde gal deal. I remember stopping after the first few episodes.

But, I think one of the main reasons was that I had just gone through a bad divorce and had just met my (soon to be) second wife. Friday nights, sitting on a couch, watching sci fi tv is not a way to impress a new girl on date night. So, the show just got left behind by me.

All that being said, I now think this is one of the best sci fi shows I've ever seen. Damn, it's good!!!

....and you're telling me it peters out at the end? Please no!

....and you're telling me it peters out at the end? Please no!

I'd actually say you're about to hit the roughest part. Somewhere around end/middle of 2 is where you start seeing less cause and effect in what happens. people feel certain ways "cause plot", it gets fast and loose. You also start getting a lot more into "well isn't that a coincidence" kind of story telling "cause maybe god?".

A portion of that continues throughout the whole series, but it gets reined in a lot better; and feels more natural because it's now an established part of the world.

If anything, I think it ends kind of strong.

Letterkenny

Only 6-7 eps per season, but 9 to date.

I ******* love this show.

And Murdoch Mysteries. I was shocked how much I liked it.

Oh, and Frontier.

BSG is such a great show and it isn't often that reboots are just as good if not better than the originals. One of the shows where I would really look forward to the following week's episode. On my list to rewatch as it's been a long time.

Letterkenny

Only 6-7 eps per season, but 9 to date.

I ******* love this show.

And Murdoch Mysteries. I was shocked how much I liked it.

Oh, and Frontier.

Murdoch is excellent, now in it's 14th season. Also check out Frankie Drake Mysteries by the same people, it's in the same universe as Murdoch, just about 20 years later.

Well, you folks are right. I am now half way thru the fourth season of nu Battlestar and I find myself kinda having to force myself to watch an episode here and there. I'm not saying I don't enjoy the show still, it's just that I really kind of just don't care about all this final 5 stuff. Now everything is all about religion and politics.

I am going to see it all the way thru, I just have no desire to sit thru several episodes at a time anymore. 2 or 3 a week is enough for me. Seems a shame this show went in this direction. Honestly, I'm just ready to get it over with.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back