Which mic-tip on Lukes ANH Death Star Trooper commlink?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Lichtbringer

Sr Member
Yesterday i was toying around with some new stocked Delrin - i made the scope for my Jabbas palace guard blaster, and as machined Delrin has the tendency to mess absolutly the whole shop, i made another part to have only one cleanup.

The second part became the grill, that was original intended as the ribbed part on Leias ANH-Trooperkiller - but i messed my measurements and it ended 3mm to long.

So i was thinking "why not build a commlink from it?"
For a commlink i need a mic-tip - and i´m not that educated on this part as some of you are, so i request your help.

I know that they are offered by Mark and Keith over on the F.I.S.D. (anyone else?) ...... if i decide to make a commlink from it, i only would need a single one. They come in pairs, so when paying for 2 and international shipping while only needing one, i want to end with a really good one. Prefered not completly hollow with a "interesting" looking inner part behind the screen, not already black painted and then assembled as i need it a shiny white, should be with a hole in the back to use a bolt to fasten it.

Now my main question: For what version shall i go? Any advice is appreciated. :)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Lichtbringer

Sr Member
Ah, sorry for not beeing clearer - i know what part was used, but there are several vendors of cast Hovi Mix PA2. But thanks for your help.

I wanted to know what is the best offered cast, to give him my money. ;)