Which Iron Man suit is best?

Royal Dump

(this should probably be put in movie discussion.. woops)

I've been wondering what everyone thinks about the changes in the Iron Man Movie suits.
What suit is your favorite and why?

My favorite is the Mark 2 (before it is painted red and gold.) Second would be the mark 5.

It seems most people like to make the mark 4 and 6 suit and I just don't like it at all. I don't like the blockyness and the huge thighs and smaller chest proportion.

IronmanMark4_April2009_hottoys_2600.jpg

300px-IronmanMarkIIb.jpg

2686383647_0efaf8222f.jpg

iron%20man%202.jpg

I don't think they ever actually made a real life size version of this suit. It was just 3d animated in the movie wasn't it?
166109_473452872343_58690437343_6141861_2061383_n.jpg

2870-ironmanmk6.jpg

What's your opinion on the Mark 7? I actually like this better than the mark 4 and 6 but I still love the mark 2 and 3 more.

xlarge_bfa504f1b789fee79737e7ece99e8fe5.jpg

Last edited:
MK 3 - love it - classic suit, great tribute for comic version, very good proportions, exclusive look.

MK 4 - very nice but with thin legs (for example): http://blogdebrinquedo.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Iron-Man-Mark-IV-Secret-Project-01.jpg and it's very mechanical look like, but as you see in figure model (everything is possible for build :) ) so.. yea, MK 4 is very nice but in figure model shapes.

MK 5 and 6 :/ not my story bro.

MK 7 hmmm very.... "heroicable" shapes but wtf is wrong with shoulders.

Conclusions: My favorites are MK 3 and 4.

Last edited:
MK 3 - love it - classic suit, great tribute for comic verision, very good proportions, exclusive look.
That it, your express the words i was looking.

Used to like the MkIV the best, now the MkIII simply because it's a classic and all the other designs are an evolution from that.

My order of preference:
Mk3
Mk4
Mk6
Mk7

Wow seems more people like the original look of the mark 3/2 than I thought!

also we dont refer to anthony lee here, he is banned and shunned :)

Oh really? what is the story behind it? I don't really like his free hand style work but I do like the motorized parts (faceplate/back flaps)

His newest suit looks more legit than any of his others.

What?! No love for the Mark 1?! :lol

Lol k I threw it up there in the thread

What's wrong with you guys?

Mark 5 is the best. No debate.

I like it just as much as the mark 3. But it's weird because it just seems so different from the others as if it should have it's own category.

Last edited:
Oh man, I love the mark VI, but the Mark VII is just down right elegant.
Not that it matters, the Mark III is the best IMO

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back