which do you prefer to wear

panik33

hey guys this is one for the more experienced hunters sort of

which armour do you prefer to wear

P1

P2

AVP

AVP-R

predators but i dont tking anyone has one yet?

rate them like comfort wise

weight

moveability
stuff like that

i just thought this could help someone deciding what armour to have like me hehe

well go ahead guys

As far as the look goes I'm really digging the gear from Predators. I think when I make my suit that I will be using that style mixed with my own I come up with.
I've never worn any so I can say as far as weight, flexibility, mobility, etc.

Ive gone one extreme to anouther a P2 based suit with all armour attached and made of latex, to a mish mash of Predators, AVPR and AVP just a skin with all fibre glass armour parts only time will tell which I prefer i guess, I do like the ease of putting on a moulded suit with armour on.

Are you asking which people like more look wise? Or which pred in particular is more comfortable? If its the 2nd then you have to think of the different factors. Is the armor molded into the skin? if not is the armor latex or resin/fiberglass?, is the skin a 2 part or a 1 piece suit? With expierence wearing costumes (not pred but similar) I would say the suits with the armor sculpted into the skin would be more comfortable...simply because less weight, less rubbing and easy to put on and put off. Hope it helps.

well yeah thats another part of it
i mean what do people prefer wearing
for example someone could say latex AVP armour
or resin AVP armour
i guess i kinda expected like reviews of what its like to wear the specific armour but i dont think i put that across in my first post

as ive only worn fiberglass AVP armour i know they are heavy but brittle and the chest peices move around allot whilst waking around it also makes your shoulder blades HURT LIKE HELL after a few hours i thought the where gonna pop out of my skin at one point because i couldnt get my arms down flat beside me
and im thinking of changing my armour to a latex P1 for comfort
my AVP armour also takes a while to put on and is quite complicated for the person helping you to understand with all the straps and things

but i dont know what others have experienced so this is what i ment for this thread to be about maby i should do it manualy by going around people with different armour and asking them then making a thread

as ive only worn fiberglass AVP armour i know they are heavy but brittle and the chest peices move around allot whilst waking around it also makes your shoulder blades HURT LIKE HELL after a few hours i thought the where gonna pop out of my skin at one point because i couldnt get my arms down flat beside me
and im thinking of changing my armour to a latex P1 for comfort
my AVP armour also takes a while to put on and is quite complicated for the person helping you to understand with all the straps and things

Man, I hate to here that - from the looks of this thread so far, it sounds as though resin armor isn’t too popular - or not to comfortable I should say. This resin armor route is one I want to go for some reason.
I know there’s a huge difference between AVP and P1 armor, so at this point I'm banking on P1 resin/fiberglass armor being a heck of a lot more bearable than AVP

~Estelle

I'm working on my suit, but as far as look goes I'm really liking the Falconer armor [it would have been nice to see a cannon and more damage to the bio]. As for the armor, I didn't wear any year but I can understand where the resin armor would be more difficult because it really restricts movement. The latex armor [separate from skin] does allow for some more flexibility. I do like the look of having the armor separate from the skin, it gives off a more "realistic" look.

I definitely like the armor seperate from the skin... it takes little to no effort to put it on and it looks so much better. Plus, you can change your armor or skins up without having to get rid of the other... :cry:

.'. I prefer a combination of the two myself :cry:
182223_144374302291503_100001568021390_293408_3524094_n.jpg
172802_144374795624787_100001568021390_293415_2890790_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@ MZ
Awwww, nice! So I take it that your armor consist of both ‘attached’ (built into the suit) and ‘attachable’ parts, both of resin and latex? If so, It all works, blending together smoothly. Looks really good.
~Estelle

.'. Thanks, Nothing is built in. I have the latex bicep armor secured with velcro onto the skin. As well as the front latex spine piece. The latex shoulder pieces are velcro attached to the left and right RESIN upper armor pieces. The RESIN back pack is attached wth 2 bolts to the left upper armor piece. I use a motorcycle back spine piece that I've modified and painted to match the rest of armor (see photo below). It is held securely with a long strip of velcro that covers the seam of the skin in back. Each upper armor piece sits like shoulder pads and is seured in the front and back with nylon straps that buckle together with quick release locking buckles. Then the RESIN sternum piece slides up between the front upper armor pieces and is held in place wth vekcro to the skin. Belt pieces are of course attached to belt with velcro and the side thigh pieces are attached to belt with nylon straps and release Buckles.There's a method to the madness I promise, lol. It does take a helper (prefer 2) to get suited up. I have gone 6 hours straight suited up, but prefer 4 hours, taking a break before going again (drink fluids). The weight of the armor doesnt seem to be a factor for me . Hope this helps. .'.
181681_1791057891969_1105273545_2131626_3890599_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks MZ, yes I found this very helpful and a bit overwhelming. :cry: Sounds like attaching armor can be quite the chore, lol. Slowly but surly I’m coming to understand how all the components of a pred. suit come together..and I’m beginning to see that a few of my previous ideas may have to be tweaked a tad.
Thanks.
~Estelle

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back