Where to next?

TombRobber

Just a general question for all you Predator costumers out there. I'll admit I'm a noob to the site and was wondering if you guys just go to Comic-Cons or if you also go to Anime Conventions. Cuz I know any Predator would be the biggest hit EVER at the anime con I go to every year! Do any of you guys have a plan on where you're going to be next?

Last edited by a moderator:
The members individually decide which cons they go to. San Diego Comic Con, Dragon Con in Atlanta & New York City Comic Con are usually the biggest & members all over the country attend. The smaller cons usually only see Preds local to the con. Usually.

Oh I see. I was wondering why I didn't see any Predators at Chicago Comic-Con last year. That explains it. Well if anyone happens to want to take a roadtrip to Chicago around May by all means come to ACEN!!! Aw now I really want to go to Ohayocon! lol^^

http://www.acen.org/content/about-show

Oh I see. I was wondering why I didn't see any Predators at Chicago Comic-Con last year. That explains it. Well if anyone happens to want to take a roadtrip to Chicago around May by all means come to ACEN!!! Aw now I really want to go to Ohayocon! lol^^

http://www.acen.org/content/about-show

I know one that is always there but last year he was only suited for a few hours. It was very hot in the convention center in Rosemont last year. I maybe suited this year, maybe see ya then. :D

I'm going to MarsCon in Bloomington, MN on March 4-6. It's a general-interest sci-fi convention, not an anime convention. I haven't been to MarsCon yet, although I know some of the organizers and a number of people who go there. And, of course, I'll be suiting up as the Predator and going on the hunt there. I'd sort of like to have a new costume there to enter into their Masquerade, but I won't have any sort of time to get one done in the next two months.

Anime Detour is our local anime convention, also in Bloomington over the April 1-3 weekend, but I don't go to that. I'm not an anime fan, and I don't have that many friends who go there, so I'd sort of feel out of place. Minicon is the longest-running science fiction convention in the Twin Cities, and this year their convention is April 22-24. They're more focused on serious science fiction, particularly literature, so I don't go to that one.

My favorite local convention is CONvergence, held every year around the July 4 weekend. This year, it's June 30 through July 3. Again, it's in Bloomington, MN (a suburb of Minneapolis), in the Bloomington Sheraton hotel. The hotel looks like this:
778566935_22f35a92c5.jpg
CVG '07 - 1961 by P Verrant, on Flickr
OK, that's actually me in a Gamera suit about to demolish a styrofoam replica of the Sheraton. CONvergence is my favorite local convention because it has a lively fan base, all sorts of interesting programming in several tracks, a lot of excellent costumes, and a kick-ass Masquerade. It's worth coming here from out of town.

I know one that is always there but last year he was only suited for a few hours. It was very hot in the convention center in Rosemont last year. I maybe suited this year, maybe see ya then.

YAY!!!^^ Please do! That alone would seriously make ACEN soo worth while! ;)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back